PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

drevil
25-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Do you think everyone in this forum is who they say they are and not posting under one or more different names?

Sometimes I read stuff and I think some poster's are so wierd, stupid, trying hard to be wacky or funny, putting on accents or being new to Australia from some overseas country, that they must be bunging it on.

Most people are genuine, I'm sure, but sometimes you get a bunch of unusual posts (as above) from a person that lasts for a while and then they disappear again. These are the ones I wonder about.

But maybe I'm just a suspcious bloke...

Kerry
25-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Oh no your not a suspcious bloke... these types certainly surface from time to time and there's been some well, lets just say real wasters in recent times ;D.

Some fall into the "troll" category and others are what's known as "sock puppets" then of course there's the typical "sales jockey" pushing a product, acting dumb but obviously knows all the answers anyway.

Cheers, Kerry.

Derek Bullock
25-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Right on Kerry.

They give you the s---s don't they and they are just out there to cause a nuisance. #But let's not let them get the better of us because I reckon we have the best chat boards there are and we should all strive to keep it that way.

By the way, I have no problem using my real name.

Cheers

Derek # [smiley=policeman.gif] [smiley=policeman.gif]

rickraider
25-09-2003, 03:31 PM
is bring the bloke bring back the esky real .i think not

blaze
25-09-2003, 04:09 PM
Hi all
Iam posting under my real name but probable as insane as some of the others, this is a good chat board with a wealth of knowlegde among the members and i only read what i want and reply even less and i think if ya dont reply to the non genuine questions they wont hang around
cheers
blaze

Jewmaster
26-09-2003, 04:18 AM
Blaze you must be named after a excellent fishig spot up here in darwin. Being Point Blaze, extremly good fishing.

Lachie1
26-09-2003, 09:05 AM
is bring the bloke bring back the esky real .i think not

Me thinks the same

Cheers, Lachie