PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Hols, where will you be ?

Lucky_Phill
24-09-2003, 04:05 PM
I know it's a tad early to be thinking of the Season to be Jolly.

BUT !

I have already booked my accom at Hervey Bay.

I'll be there from 29th Dec for a couple of weeks. Just wanted to know if anyone else is up that way at that time ( apart from mackmauler, I know you 'll be there abouts ), and maybe we can put a trip together up the inside of Fraser, or better still, throw down a couple of coldies !

Now, if you're not going there, can you put a good word in for me with the Big 'G" to stop those mongrel N/W'rs at that time of the year.

Cheers Phill

jaybee
24-09-2003, 04:12 PM
hope u got more the a couple of coldies in the esky phil ;D now you have given it away, u never know who will turn up eh.
merry xmas lol
cheers

blaze
24-09-2003, 04:30 PM
just a thought
the greyer i get the quicker they come around, please dont start yet LOL
cheers
blaze

peterbo3
24-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Phill, You little ripper!! ;D ;D ;D Really cool of you to invite the lurkers who inhabit this site to stay with you. I'll PM you my preferred times. ;) ;) ;)

PS. I drink Cascade Light

Fitzy
24-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Not sure Phil,
Have one young lass has invited me away for 10 days then (she obviously has impecible taste :P). Think she has north in mind so I'm hoping its at least Mackay or better. Might have to slip a travel rod & a few lures into the suitcase before going. ;D

How many more sleeps?

Fitzy..

jaybee
24-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Got to have a shot ere ;D Fitzy u gettin ya cababilities mixed up with ya ambitions ??? yep its a question :-X

Fitzy
24-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Got to have a shot ere #;D Fitzy u gettin ya cababilities mixed up with ya ambitions #??? yep its a question #:-X
Me? Never Jaybee. It's all a matter of expert rod work to land a good one once they're hooked. :P

'nuff said. Better wind in before I get any more bites! ;D

fitz..

jaybee
24-09-2003, 07:42 PM
good onya fitz, wont ask when the engagement is lol. least you are lucky to find a lady that likes fishing eh. lol, how did this get of the track of phils holiday, must be lucky i guess :-X no pun intended DOH!

Fitzy
24-09-2003, 09:17 PM
good onya fitz, wont ask when the engagement is lol.
I aint never getting engaged again! I've has a couple of close calls & managed to escape thus far, might not be so lucky next time! ::) :P

how did this get of the track of phils holiday,
I was simply answering Phils question; "Xmas Hols, where will you be?" :D

Cheers,

fitzy..

bugman
25-09-2003, 05:05 AM
I've got a week over Xmas itself where I 'll be staying at Dickie's Beach Caloundra. I'll be taking the jetski and trying to hunt down some macks on the troll out the front. Might as well :P.

Looking forward to February. I'm heading to Tassie for 3 weeks and plan to walk the highlands for 7 days by myself walking and fishing from one stream and lake to another. No one but me and the fish - can't wait. Even getting refreshers in the art of chook chucking.

Bugman

nonibbles
25-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Going to Tassie (Launceston, head down south west then across to Hobart), flyrod in hand, maybe a small spin outfit too.
Not the best fly technique but I'm sure I'll get there eventually. Took some lessons at Launceston lakes last year, caught a small rainbow then spent the rest of the day untangling my tippet.
Been practicing my roll cast in the pool, caught the carport a few times!
Tried local rivers up here in Townsville but seems the banks are a bit steep and shrubby for my backcast. Only have 6wt (k-mart kit - gift) so I don't want to risk it on the queenies/barra, I've played around the Lakes with it but I think I'll save it for the fresh.
Its the time out that counts.
I'll be in Hobart when the yachts come in.

Lucky_Phill
25-09-2003, 04:02 PM
I don't remember inviting you to stay with me Peter....we'd never get any fishing done ??? ::). Between you me and JD, ( yes JD ), we'd talk a lot about doin it.

Seems like you've used the right lure :o this time Fitzy !

Walking the Hills of Taswedjua, Brett ? Rod in hand and no-one around............me thinks you have other things on mind. At least Garry has a ' friend ' to hold his rod ! ::) 8)

What I'm hoping to achieve this year at H/bay, is dong the Spotties , now that the ringnetters have been banned. With a bag limit of 5 and 'mackmaulers' secret slug combos, I'm sure to be a first class " Catch & Release " Ausfisher by the time a get back to Brisvegas.

Cheers Phill

mackmauler
25-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Phill, there is a few pre chrissie visits on the cards, bugman leading the charge and 8 weeks to go for me, will be interesting to see if the netters are still there ::) as i understood they can still use nets for other species... camera will be ready in any case ;)

Rob

flytime
26-09-2003, 02:48 AM
Hi Rob,
Yes the netters are still there .They were netting the lower part of the straits, the flats off kauri ck a month ago.There were 5 boats with nets in them when i went past :( :(
Regards Steve #:)

Lucky_Phill
26-09-2003, 03:42 PM
What type of netters Steve ? #maybe they were the Whiting boys ! # Jeez, if they were ring netters, that'd be worth a phone call. and that number would be 1800 017 116

Phill

banshee
26-09-2003, 04:46 PM
This January will see me giving the sandflies at Turkey Beach their annual feed of cockroach blood,hope the wind is kinder this year.

flytime
27-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi Phill,
Could'nt tell you what they were after :-/.They were pulling the nets in as i went past at daylight. Dont worry i have that number programmed in my phone ;).Iwould use it in a flash if i thought something was sus.
Regards Steve

Lucky_Phill
27-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Banshee.........Turkey Beach in January.

Jeez..louise you are a glutten for punishment.

I went at Easter time and they were good, but that hotter weather really gets them cranking. Good luck !

Phill

banshee
27-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Hi Phill,I think after five years I have become use to them,all the same I've started taking the wife and kids down to the tea tree swamp for picnics just to get them used to it(I'm so considerate).So what's good to catch there at different times of the year?I only ever go in January.

Lucky_Phill
28-09-2003, 02:53 AM
Being summer, I think those toothy critters should be about......mack's, Jack's, trevors and those Chinese Fish:- Whi-Ting.

Maybe give John a call on 07 4978 3822 or A/hrs on 4474 2174 or even Fax him on 4978 3962

Personally, I'd be looking up Seven Mile Creek way and around the cnr into the deep blue. Those creeks and runoffs on the left hand side heading out of the harbour are worth looking into, especially round Bird Isl for Flatties, and whiting in the shallows.

I know that winter heralds the return each year of the Grey Mackerel and they are thick as, and come right up the harbour almost to the boat ramp.

Good luck ! hope you using that special home made repellent ?

Phill