PDA

View Full Version : oh o look out

setthehook
26-09-2003, 10:16 PM
:o Well it is official folks fisheries handed me my license :o Im now a pro fisherman!!! I know amatuer attitudes towards pro's so hopefully u guys will still be nice to me ;D But im still an amatuer at heart ;D ::) ;D

Kerry
27-09-2003, 03:53 AM
To true, attitude is a problem. There are bad pro's as well as there are bad amateurs, it's when some amateurs have a "do as I say not as I do, more for us" attitude, then that's what some might call an arrogrant attitude.

Cheers, Kerry.

Jewmaster
27-09-2003, 04:13 AM
Good luck with the fishing mate, Maybe we could orgainse dicounts on nice fresh bait or produce from yourself. HE HEE.

By the way, what is you method of fishing, and your target species, Netting for salmon ect, pots for crabs. (just so we can work out what cheap stuff we can wrangle) HEE HEE AGAIN

Gazza
27-09-2003, 06:06 AM
Hi setthehook , hope your area (Nowra?) is productive for you ,and you make a buck, through the 'front'door ;)
Was this licence ,a new issue or transfer from somebody else?
Did you research your area? ,for profitability ,or acquired history? i.e. the RFL down there in NSW ,bought out about 200? or so, a while ago.

Be good to have a 'bigger pie' for all rec/pros ,rather than squabble over scraps. ::)
Best of luck,
Gazza

gruntahunter
27-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Well thats one more person I,ll never have to talk too. :-X

setthehook
27-09-2003, 04:31 PM
;D With the exception of grunta, thanks for the mature attitudes!!! ;D
To answer a couple of questions, the license is a change of hands, it was a lic used for kingfish and spanish mackeral on north nsw coast, now its used on the south coast for what ever wants to bite!!
I work by myself and it doesnt take much fish to cover a wage.
I am against board trawlers,tuna longliners and a few others and i feel they bring on that negative attitude from amatures.
I did do alot of research before i got into this, i worked on a kingfish boat for over 12 months and have lived and rec fished here for years, only now i get paid for it.
I only have a small 5.5 shark cat that u may remember discussing with me Kerry some time ago.
So there u go, i do not CULL fish just get enough to pay the bills and regarless of wether i run this license if i wasnt someone else would be.
;D

Andyok
29-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Hi Setthehook,

I fish Nowra area frequently and believe there is a little room for you there along with the couple of charter boats that look after the guys that love to fish but don't own a boat, I hope your venture works for you, don't forget to leave a couple of fish for me.

Andyok