PDA

View Full Version : Burrum Heads 3rd to 7th Nov

Big-D
02-10-2003, 06:13 AM
Hi Fisho's, has some one been to Burrum heads Before?,If so please let me know what it is like and what the fishing is like.
thanks peter.

mackmauler
02-10-2003, 07:14 AM
great place Peter, saw my first barra in that river ;D one thing is sand bars, never seen so many sand bars in a river :o try out off the mouth for pelagics.

Rob

Big-D
02-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Hi rob, Barra that sounds just tops to me mate,bring them on.
[smiley=laola.gif]I just hope there barra in the river in november, sand bars, sounds like good whiting fishing up there.. ;D peter

jaybee
02-10-2003, 09:06 AM
Peter take a cast net, the hotter months see some nice bannanas along the muddie banks, Whiting, gar, barra, flathead. These days though too many tourists, if tides and winds are right out front of toogum will see you load up on whiting, tailor and the odd parrot at the fist red beacon on a low tide (small patch of reef) Night fishing at the boat ramp with live worms will get you some thumper whiting, my sister will be home from there this saturday so will be able to give you up to date.
cheers
joe

mackmauler
02-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Peter, the shallow rock bars in the first couple k of the isis river produce good jack, avoid the rocks and sandbars on the way and fish into the night and you should get them, november is a great time for the lure munchers. when i was last there the fishing was much better well upstream in all the other tributaries as well and the best time was early and late in the day, navigation to fish at these times is made far easier with gps.

Rob