PDA

View Full Version : Boat Storage

Jonno
03-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Due to the recent sale of our house , I am forced to put the boat into storage. I have a sejay 5.35 m half cab Alum and live in the regents park area. Can anyone give me some info on Horizon Shores, are they any good. It is $1100 per year and they put the boat in and out of the water, wash the boat and run the motor. Any feed back would be great, and if anyone has a better idea I'm all for it.

Thanking you all
Jonno

craigie
03-10-2003, 01:58 PM
G'day Johno,

I'm dealing with the same issue. I looked at lock-up storage garages but they cost about $50 a week :o :o

There is a storage facility (similar to Horizens) over at Sandgate, not sure what there charges are.

Have you though about doing a deal with somebody trustworthy on this site that has room ??? ???

Cheers
Craig.

bj
03-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Jonno, I kept a boat at Horizon Shores for about four years,hope things are better than when I was there.If you like I'll send you a pm.

PinHead
03-10-2003, 03:51 PM
I had a boat at Horizon Shores for several years..had no problems whatsoever. The service was always great. Just had to keep the boat covered..some of the local cane farmers still burnt the cane..black soot everywhere.

snappa
03-10-2003, 04:47 PM
my boss has his boat (5.8 haines) stored at horizon shores and it has been excellent for him. just rings up and on his arrival, the boat in the water ready to go. ;D
ted does his own washing the boat and running the motors and if he has not got the time they do it for him

Jonno
04-10-2003, 02:20 AM
Thx for some info, they also have under cover rack storage now so that it is fully protected I will probably go that option but it is another $500 dollars extra.

Lucky_Phill
07-10-2003, 01:22 AM
What times are you allowed to get ya boat ?

ie:- can you ring them at 9pm and say I'll be there at 3am, get me boat in the water. ?

I might be able to help you out with the storage ( secure ) prob. I'll pm you this arvo.

Phill