PDA

View Full Version : Noosa River options

DaneCross
07-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Hi All,
Heading up to Noosa this weekend for 5 days and have a place in Noosa sound, the boat will be moored out the back so I plan to get a bit of fishing done. I'm after a bit of local knowledge - What are my options? Where's my best chance of picking up a few?
Any suggestions???
DC

Quinny69
07-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Every body says this but go to a takle shop and get some local advise,Davos is a good shop and will fill you in (buying a few lures helps).If your into light line lure fishing the upper reaches(past lake Cootharba) are great fun. Tarpies and Bass with a few surprises.. MQ

peterbo3
07-10-2003, 08:44 AM
DC,
My knowledge of Noosa spots is limited but try trolling up towards the car ferry that goes across to the North Shore. Check out the area for underwater structure with your sounder then let loose the rapalas! ;D ;D Set your crab pots too.
Make sure that you leave nothing portable & attractive in your boat when it is moored at night. Chaining & padlocking the boat itself is even advisable.

DaneCross
07-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the tip Peterbo3. Already have the chain ready, I'll be taking no risks with security. Its kinda sad one has to think that way these days :'(
DC

DaneCross
07-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Are the any jacks around up there at this time of year? I was thinking of trolling for flathead as well as fishing near the mouth for whiting.. but if theres Jacks around... :P ;D
DC

jimbamb
08-10-2003, 11:16 AM
Hi.
Keep an eye out for our CROCS. There have been reports of sightings in the last couple of weeks.
I think you have more chance of seeing one if you spend a couple of hours at the Reef Hotel or Villa Noosa before you go....
Maybee some wacky stuff will help too....
Serously tho try for flathead drifting down from the marina and also just at the bottom of the first lake.
Some reports of Jacks also, night time is best apparently.Bring your mozzie repellant!!can get friendly at duskand dawn.
Good luck!!!!! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]