PDA

View Full Version : Rainy weather good for fishing?

Heat
03-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Just wandering if its raining is it good for fishing? I am talking about on the shore as i dont have a boat. I heard after the rain in estuaries its good cos it washes things up, so how abt when it IS raining, like these few days in Brisbane. Or is it better to wait till the day after the rain stops or something? I know u gotta watch out for thunder strikes tho :P

dexx
04-10-2003, 05:57 AM
rain, to what i know. is never good for fishing.
mainly because it dilutes the saltwater and fish that are mainly middle feeders get forced to the bottom and just lay there lethargic

buuuttttt.. i could be wrong...

imnotoriginal
04-10-2003, 11:48 AM
it makes fishing a lot more difficult...and wet. I don't hear of as many fish being caught in the wet, but hey, how many people do actually fish when it's raining ???
Joel

straddie
04-10-2003, 04:11 PM
I find that from the shore, and estury, the first few hours of rain can really fire up bream if there isn't too much wind with it. They shut down again if the rain continues for a longer period and you start to get a good dose of fresh. Shouldn't have that with the little bit of rain we have had lately.

On the beach, flathead will sit just outside the dirty runout water of washouts after the rain. Really haven't fished the beach much at all when its raining as its usually accompanied by 15-20 knots of SE and no outstanding results really come to mind.

Volvo
05-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Some of my best catches outa the boat have been with a light neverending drizzle :). Found the fish go bezerk??, why i dont know but thats my experience.
Used ta like the same fishin off the bank down south, light drizzle, overcast and glassy flat water used ta bring em on the chew.
Cheers

Heat
08-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Thats interesting to hear...ya most ppl wont go fishing if its too rainy n windy, but I wouldnt mind a little bit of it.

Volvo when u say 'fishin off the bank down south' where is that, were u in a boat?