PDA

View Full Version : Good Locations in Brisbane & GC

Heat
28-09-2003, 10:20 AM
I posted this on the other forum but this forum seems to be more popular so i tot i post it here too :P

I dont have a boat so I always have to fish off the piers and shores mainly. But often the famous places like Sandgate & Woodypoint r dead, n even if i catch something, they r undersized bream, whiting, etc. I figured that these places r overfished? I hear of some the creek mouths r good, but can somebody tell me the exact locations?

As a result, i often goto GC to fish, but i only happen to know a few places n i am also restricted by having no boat. I mainly goto the Sand Pumping Jetty n the seaway inwards. So far its been better than Brisbane but nothing spectacular. Am I going to the right places??

Hope u folks can help n thx in advance~!

Cubesy
28-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Heat

I have had some minor success at Manly with the odd legal bream and whiting but I admit they are few and far between.

Cleveland Point is also worth a go if there is an early morning on evening high tide (bit snaggy though).

Cheers

Cubesy

cmc
29-09-2003, 05:49 AM
Good fishing from Cabbage tree point to the pin - though a shit load of seaweed is in the area ...

Was very busy yesterday (saturday) but was probly guys from the Flathead classic there...

David

peterbo3
29-09-2003, 06:34 AM
Hi Heat,
Suggest u head up to Bribie, turn L at the bridge & by use of your street directory follow the road system along the shore as far as you can go. There are access paths down to about 2 km of shoreline that can be fished from the waters edge. Whiting, flathead & sandflies. ;)The other option is to turn R after the Bridge & head up to Skirmish point. Top whiting fishing especially when the S/E is 10/15 kn. Pick your tides, dusk or dawn is best.

jaybee
29-09-2003, 07:54 AM
Heat the sand pumping jetty should be starting to fire with the summer whiting long as the wind is e to se and not over 15 knots, i find it a waste of time if the wind is from the west to nw. Thompsons beach vic point can produce some nice whiting and flatheard, plus the odd sole, you can work the runout to the channel then fish the run in. If you are real keen you can walk a pot out, waist deep to the end of the mangroves on the left, always a chance of a sandie or stray muddie, not to mention a feed of prawns when they are running. hope this helps
cheers

Heat
29-09-2003, 10:06 AM
cmc: I never been to the pin or cabbage tree point, but i heard u have to have a boat to fish there right?

peterbo: Bribie island sounds good, but i wish i live closer to it! I live more south side of brisbane, bit far from it, but i'll give it a go eventually when i get the time :P

jaybee: I know where victory point is but i couldnt find thompson beach on the map? And when u say "work the runout to the channel then fish the run in. If you are real keen you can walk a pot out, waist deep to the end of the mangroves on the left" I just dunno where exactly ur talking abt here...is this near victory point?

Thx guys~

anu
29-09-2003, 11:18 AM
try going to deep water bend on the pine river, had a really good day a couple of months ago, u fish off the boardwalk and on your way there u should see a big petrol station an a couple of shops drop into the fishing shop and buy squid, it works best out there when we used it we got a bream every time we cast out, also got a few whitings, a pike(small one), and a few tailor be carefull when throwing your fish back coz the birds are always watching to try get some dinner

jaybee
29-09-2003, 05:10 PM
heat its victoria point on the southside of brisbane, look for thompson st in the ubd it runs down to the beach, there is a line of mangroves to the left of the beach, they are dry at low tide, its a nice little sandy beach, top family area
cheers

cmc
30-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Hi Heat

Boat is preferrable but a lot of people fish left of the boat ramp...

David

Heat
08-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Woot! Thx guys, this place is awesome :D Now i got many more places to try in the summer!