PDA

View Full Version : Touchy Rebounds

Touchy - R.I.P.
04-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Just got home from the hospital this arvo.(Fri.)minus the knuckle & about 2 ",now I will have to be carefull when I go for a leak as now the thumb n the old fella are the same lenght :o,was touch & go re the whole unit there for awhile but I have nothing but praise for all the hospital staff & their tireless work('cept.the cranky old tea lady,lets see how good her writing would be with a cast from fingers to elbow ;D ;D),a very big thank you for all the wellwishers,visitors,& all the positive feedback,it certainly helped keep up the spirits when it was required,Mrs T.also sends her regards to everyone.Due back to the clinic on Tues.for them to redress & to check the progress,Will post a bit later.CheersT.><> ><> ><>.

Zeeke
04-10-2003, 02:45 PM
good to see ur back in form Touchy, hope everything goes well

Tim

craigie
04-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Hi Touchy,

That all sounds reasonably good in the long run. At least they only trimmed up the thumb, it could have been his "downstairs Twin" if you had dropped that Flathead into your lap :o 8).

In all seriousness mate, it's great to have you back with us as you are a valued member of this site.

Hope you make it up to the M&G at BP Dam, I still owe you drinks for the info you gave me regarding Mud Island [smiley=2thumbsup.gif], many moons back.

Regards
Craig.

webby
04-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Glad to see your back on two wonky legs mate, and not flat on your back. Missed getting up to ssee ya, so guess i'll have to drink this bottle of Death i brought for your ressurection??. Bloody poor excuse to get out of all that dish washing prize you won for yourself ;D Heard of one legged, one armed and one eyed skippers, but never a one half-thumbed skipper ;D So when you up for a trip, as long a s you can pull the anchor up ;D and Seeing as Jonno"s decided to mothball his rig for awhile. You'll have to dice all those baitcasters now, as the breaking device might not reach. ;D Geez talk about putting shit on ya. ;D Anyway catch you soon. Sorry about the long winded sentences but the bloody enter button on me keyboard wont work for some reason. Regards

imported_admin
04-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Touchy, good to see you back up and about. Hope it all gos well from now.

Tally
05-10-2003, 06:35 AM
Nice to see you back on board mate. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Ooooops maybe I shouldn't have used that particular smilie.

Mate, what happened to the flattie that did this to ya?

Cheers,
Jay.

Chrisso
05-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Good to sea ;) :)

Nugget
05-10-2003, 01:42 PM
I'm glad you're back on deck mate - hard to keep a good man down.
I suppose you can't get that wound wet - never mind - Bev didn't want you in the kitchen anyway.

Dave ><>

Fitzy
05-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Good to see you back Fred! Hope you heal up real quick mate.

sav
07-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Touchy, good to see your up and about. Hope we see you up at BP for the M&G. need a bit of life around the camp late at night.
Regards
Sav

Lucky_Phill
08-10-2003, 03:29 AM
Hope you're not taking ' Betty " to Bribie, as she would go down a treat at BP Dam.

I think Jacks looking forward to seeing her, more than having a fish ! ::) :o :P

Phill

dnej
09-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Fred,
My bro mentioned to me on Saturday that he had heard of a problem with a flat head. Did you have a post somewhere to read what happened. My dad used to be red hot on handling flathead.
I would like to know what actually happened ,so I can emphasise same to my family
Regards David Follett

Touchy - R.I.P.
10-10-2003, 07:27 AM
G'Day David,This "spike" was no diff.than many others I have had over the years,the only thing I'm putting it down to is that it was a very thin barb,went into the ball of the thumb & hit the knuckle bone then the small puncture wound closed over,not like a small cut ect.so no bleeding which may of cleaned it out a bit,the fish must of had a bit of slime or bacteria on it,the bacteria then lay dormant for approx.a week & then reactivated,nearly overnight the thumb was huge/purple/very bloody painfull :'(,4 trips to surgery(trying to remove the fast spreading infection) later,the 5 trip to surgery resulting in the above first post,the good news now after trip to the clinic is,the plaster is off,4 stiches have been removed & everything seems to be healing,tho'the top bit is still a bit wobbly & the 2 bits of wire they have put in to hold it together is giving me the sh*ts,I now look like I'll have quiet a bit missing just under where the knuckle used to be,looks like a custom made rod butt holder to me ;D,As soon as I can I'm off to buy one of those fish gripping devices(Borga Grips I think they are called)& my recommendation is that everyone use them & also instruct all the kids on how to use 'em.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

dnej
10-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Thanks Fred, Who would have thought that could happen. Where were you fishing?
David

Touchy - R.I.P.
10-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Top end of Cobby Passage(power line end not Short Isl. end).T.><> ><> ><>.

Zeeke
10-10-2003, 04:16 PM
those boga grips are good arent they mate, you would of had a hard time holding that 70cm flatty u scored that day out with me

hope all works out for you mate and u get back into those fish with a vengeance!

you can get those "Boga Grips" made by Berkley and called "Lip Grippers", usually retail around $30 or if you wanna be fancy, get the american version which is "Boga Grip" and they'll set you back around $300 and they come with built in scales in 2 sizes.. 15lb and 30lb