PDA

View Full Version : Couple-mate

aquarius
16-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi Folks......Just recieved my couple-mate from Ausfish.
Put the order in Monday night and it arrived Wednesday lunch time......hows that for service......Thanks Steve.
Boat trailer should be safe now!!!!!!!
Cheers Brent :)

jaybee
17-10-2003, 10:01 AM
what you reckon brent, give you peace of mind while at work? mine does, just wondering now if one should chain both wheels now at the ramp, or invest in a couple of lock nuts, as if they cant get the trailer, the *&^%$$#@@ will surely take the wheels.
cheers.

blaze
17-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi all
I think you guys need to set up motion switches to ya trailers so if moved at all it sets of (a gun maybe) very load amplafied ak47 firing, that would make the bastards duck for cover.
cheers
blaze

jaybee
17-10-2003, 11:27 AM
yeh would be good blaze , i mean if a trailer gets pinched down tazzie, where do they hide it lol. So is your good weather still holding, i can remember i think this time last year we had a hoot while u whinged about the wind, and now its turn about eh.
cheers
joe.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
17-10-2003, 11:40 AM
here is a tip boys,

if you have a metal cable, pass it thru the spare tyre rim, thru your jockey wheel connectionthen pass the cable only thru the gap in the padlock on the couple mate before locking it - I can even get it thru one wheel on the trailer as well. This helps secure these "removeables" as well.

chris

jaybee
17-10-2003, 01:27 PM
i think i read that on the couple mate site, not sure, but it wasnt as explicit as yours chris ta for the advice.
cheers

blaze
17-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Hi Joe
Weathers not bad BUT you guessed Work commitments until tomorrow and I think its going to blow, but I will still head out and see if we cant raise a flattie or silver trev in the river where its protected
cheers
blaze

Kerry
17-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Just make sure the towbar tongue is locked to the towbar, they'd probably take that as well.

Cheers, Kerry.

aquarius
17-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Good point there Kerry.......I would not be surprised if they take the car and trailer......if they really want it they will stop at nothing to get it!!
You can only do so much to safe guard your property but at least its going to be a Damn sight harder to seperate car from trailer now.
Yes Joe maybe wheel lock nuts are the go also.
Cheers Brent