PDA

View Full Version : Govts closer to ship sinking agreement

jaybee
23-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Posted: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 9:43 AEST
The state and federal governments are drawing closer to agreeing on a site for the planned scuttling of the former navy ship HMAS Brisbane.

The Member for Fisher, Peter Slipper, says both levels of government agree that both Sunshine Coast sites proposed for the sinking of the ship should be investigated.

Mr Slipper says it is great to see the Premier coming around to the Federal Government's way of thinking.

"At last the Premier has responded to [Defence Minister] Robert Hill's letter and the Premier is now suggesting along the lines of what Robert Hill's wanted, and that was along the lines that all sights should be investigated," he said.

"Minister Hill is writing back to Premier Beattie agreeing with his proposal to investigate if the Point Cartwright site or the site at Mudjimba is suitable and if neither site is suitable another site would be agreed."

Gazza
23-10-2003, 03:44 PM
More interested to 'see' who the HMAS Brisbane is allowed to be accessed by......

If not RecFishos ,hey sell it to the eskimos >:( or martians ;D ......who cares

And, as usual what a lot of 'political' BS ,of who read whos intention ,think about it

jaybee
23-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Yep that still remains gaz, so i guess we need to wait and see, but at least now you know what is happening nothing stopping you from lobbying ya local member, i have
cheers
joe.

Gazza
23-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Pollies to go to Alaska or Mars ;D ;D ;D

I'm onto it!!!! ;D ;D ;D