PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Pilchards? North Stradbroke beaches?

straddie
23-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Taking a few mates over to North Stradbroke for the first time, and with the weather looking a bit iffy for the weekend, so I'm trying to get a head start and give them the best shot at some fish.

So I'm hoping someone might know where I could buy some fresh (read for human consumption) pilchards on the Brissy southside?

Secondly as anyone been on North Stradbroke the last few weeks, I am wondering how the gutters are looking on main and flinders?

Thirdly has anyone got any pull with the weather gods? A light souwester would be nice ;D thanks all

peterbo3
23-10-2003, 03:39 PM
I know it is way northside, but Morgans at Scarborough
often have them. Fresh gar as well.

straddie
23-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the reply Peter, I'm going down the GC to pull a few sandworms for the trip so I was hoping for something over this way, but if I don't hear of any on the southside I will definately slip over there.

I'm pretty keen to get them on a few fish if I can. If they take a home a feed the wifeys might let them come out and play another time. :D

skippa
23-10-2003, 04:37 PM
G'day straddie

Try the fish markets (??) can't remember the name, beside Leisure Marine on old Cleveland rd Capalaba, they maybe able to help.

We where at Flinders during the school holidays, and there were quite a few good gutters then. Try just north of the Amity 4WD beach entry (Flinders side near Amity channel), with another good gutter about 2k south of Adder Rocks. We picked up some nice bream, dart and flatties.

Damn, wish I was going back..... good luck

Cheers,
Tony 8)

straddie
23-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks for that skipper, I'll poke my head in on the way down the coast, if they can't help I guess it will be Scarborough when I come back.

Good to hear flinders is holding up and you have been catching a few, hopefully some decent low water gutters on main as well.

I can't get over there enough either :(

jaybee
24-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Just sent u a pm
cheers
joe