PDA

View Full Version : *** Boaties Market Sunday 26th. October ***

Mudcrab
30-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point has run seven bi-annual markets at the Victoria point State School Grounds in Colburn Avenue Victoria Point. As a non profit rescue group, all proceeds go towards training our volunteer crewmembers plus maintenance and operation of the rescue vessels. We also donate 10% of the gate takings to the School P & C Association to help the kids along. Ours is the ONLY successful and well known market in Queensland. The theme is "anything from a fish hook to a cruiser" can be bought for sale or swap. Site fee is $10.00 and entry by gold coin donation. Well in excess of 1,000 buyers come along to prowl amongst the 100 odd sites. This year will be our biggest and best as we are erecting banners on the Story Bridge and the Carindale overpass. It is a great day and always well supported by the boating community. Gates open at 5.30 am and it is all over by 12.00 (or earlier if it pours like the last one in April!)
My name is Ian Fischer, the Commodore of the rescue unit. #
Mobile is 0407 029 704 or email: # idf@bigpond.net.au
Our greatest problem is geting the message across the the Boaties and if any readers could tell their mates, friends, relatives or whoever of this event, we would be most appreciative.
Safe boating!

Lucky_Phill
30-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Our greatest problem is geting the message across the the Boaties and if any readers could tell their mates, friends, relatives or whoever of this event, we would be most appreciative. [/quote]

The message will be very hard to get across, if you don't tell us the date !

DOH !

Phill ( or did I miss it ? ><> ><> )

Mudcrab
30-09-2003, 04:14 PM
:-[ Ooooooooooooopppppppps :-/

sharkbait
30-09-2003, 06:18 PM
I think you might have missed it phil

Mudcrab
01-10-2003, 05:33 PM
How do I make it stay up the top or thereabouts of the page articles so's everybody can see it without having to jump pages?

webby
01-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Mr Ausfish will have to do that for you, talk to him nicely and he should sort it out for you. regards

aquarius
01-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Just reply GO TO THE TOP OF PAGE....Only joking but wait till its nearly at the bottom then put in a reply...something like JUST A REMINDER PEOPLE.
Cheers Brent. [smiley=happy.gif]

Lucky_Phill
01-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I did miss it. And I know it is in the heading to the post. But thought it should be in the body.

??? ???

Lucky_Phill
24-10-2003, 03:27 PM
This thing is on this Sunday.

Might have to go along and check it out, due to the non-fishing weather approaching.

Phill

rakinray
24-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Might be able to pick up some new specs phill :) only jokin im heading over for a sticky around 9.30 to 10.00 might see ya there mate !

cheers ray