PDA

View Full Version : loss of a great fisho and mate

swano
23-10-2003, 08:26 AM
this morning at 9am my father-in-law and good mate DON THOMPSON passed away after a six month fight with cancer. don never graced the chat boards but would always look over my shoulder and smile as i posted items. he loved nothing more than to be outside with family or friends catching the odd snapper or anything that happened to take a fancy to his bait. he resided at pambula on the south coast , only 100 meters from the lake, and enjoyed being "up the top lake" catching flatties and taylor and having a quiet one. he will be sadly missed by all that knew him, god bless you don and keep an eye out for that big one for me.your buddy swano :'(

corza85
23-10-2003, 11:40 AM
sorry to hear about that mate.... by the sounds of it he will be missed greatly..

corza

Lucky_Phill
23-10-2003, 11:58 AM
our thoughts are with you, mate.

Phill

Nugget
23-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Wouldn't it be great of old anglers could pass on their knowledge as they left this world? - Now wouldn't that make for a better / wiser lot left here on earth.

I've fished Pambula and Merimbula - a wharf rat on the Tathra and Merimbula wharfs as a kid - at least he was in paradise for his last days on earth.

I bet the lizards a metre plus and all the tailor over 5kg where he is.

Dave ><>

Daintreeboy
23-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Sorry about the loss mate.

Fitzy
23-10-2003, 03:46 PM
The Ausfish flag is at half mast.
Our thoughts go to your family Swano.

I'm sure he up there where its always top of the tide & the fish are always hungry. I recon he's hooked up to a biggun right now.

Garry Fitzgerald

aussiebasser
23-10-2003, 04:49 PM
My sincerest condolences to you and you family Swano. At least you know that he'll be given first class service where he is, because I'm sure all fishermen are smiled on from above, and greeted with open arms when their journey ends.
May Don rest peacefully, knowing that he passed many skills on to those that remain.

big_george
23-10-2003, 06:02 PM
To swano and family.
Sorry to hear about Don this morning mate.Our hearts go out to you mate for your loss.
George,Alison,William and Kate.

PAUL_SIMPSON
25-10-2003, 03:11 AM
swano,
sorry to hear of your loss,i lost my dad in early in 2002,yes it's hard and i miss him,we had no warning this was going to happen and for the last few months with both our other commitments we wern't able to go fishing which is the most upsetting part and now i can't fish with him so if anyone's reading this,don't put off your trip with your dad's or any loved ones.just do it
bream reaper