PDA

View Full Version : This weekend on 4BCs Talking Fishing

Nugget
23-10-2003, 03:37 AM
What's on this Oct 25/26 weekend?

Saturday
Legend fishing writer Ron Calcutt will discuss his latest book "Complete Book of Fishing" - live.

Phill "Lucky Phill" Kleise will be in the studio Saturday to discuss boat ramp etiquette.

Custom Rod builder and fishing journalist Stuart MacKenzie will discuss rod construction.

Dave Bateman - Sunfish Executive Officer on the latest industry developments.

Freshwater round-up including a run down of impoundment water levels.

Live cross to Seaway Tower and VMR Raby Bay for real-time conditions on the water.

Live cross to the weather bureau for the latest weather information.

Sunday
A round-up of what's been weighed in at tackle shops from Bribie to the Tweed.

John Palermo - live from the helm of his charter boat as it rounds Cape Moreton.

Live cross to the weather bureau for the latest weather information.

Plus lots more - as it happens through the week.

Now don't you lot give Phill a hard time #;D

If you have any suggestion on Show format - what to include and what not - I'd love to hear it.
Email me if you don't want to post a reply.
nugget@ausfish.com.au

http://www.ausfish.com.au/nugget/4bc.htm
Dave ><>

Randall
23-10-2003, 03:49 AM
Now thats what I`m talkin bout Nugget.

Good stuff!! Glad to see the show evolving.

Randall.

Nugget
23-10-2003, 04:26 AM
Still waiting for your input mate - as we disscussed ! ;D ;D ::)
Have the ok too!

Dave ><>

stevo
23-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Hi Dave,
Great show i listen every week i can, doing a fine job :D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=guitarist.gif] [smiley=happy2.gif] i did like the tell me what fish i talking about [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] keep going strong

stevo

Gazza
23-10-2003, 11:54 AM
When is the 'new' Sunfish website.
discuss inter-state regs ,regards to 'transportation' of e.g. Jennies or diff size/bag of e.g. snapper / flathead ,when 'coming home' to place-of-residence.

p.s. innocent , until proven 'guilty' ,is valid, or oldhat ? (as laws change ad-infinitum) ;)

Nugget
23-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Thanks for your suggestions Gazza.
I'm trying to tee up a weekly report from both water Police and Fisheries - It's not easy because of the time slot but we're looking at pre-recording that interview at the moment.
Because of the legalities - I'm guessing it would be one question from me and their considered and researched reply.
I doubt we could do a live phone in.

Stevo - thanks for your comments - I wasn't sure about the quiz but it sounds like you like it.
Any suggestions as to what is the best competition format? - Read my mind / criptic question / what fish am I? / etc etc...
We have some major changes (read that as big improvement) to the prize cupboard - Stay tuned - as they say!

Dave ><>

aussiebasser
23-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Anyone got a good question I can shoot at Lucky Phil, I'm not completely happy with the answer I got from Fitzy last Sunday. ;D

Fitzy
23-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Anyone got a good question I can shoot at Lucky Phil, #I'm not completely happy with the answer I got from Fitzy last Sunday. ;D
Thanks for that by the way Dale![smiley=wut.gif] ::)

Fitzy..

PG
23-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Hey fellas, what's the number for this station? I mean where does it show up on the dial. I live in Rockhampton Qld but would like tolisten in if I can tune it in.
Cheers,
Paul.

Fitzy
23-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Paul, 4BC is on 1116 AM in Brisvegas. Dont think you be able to tune in up there, but you can listen on the net at http://www.4bc.com.au/pages/home.cfm and call in on 131332.
Times are 5-6 am Saturday & Sunday mornings.

Hope that helps,

Fitzy..

imported_admin
23-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Don't think you would get it on the radio up there but you can listen to it live online.

Check out the 4BC section of Nuggets website for more info

http://www.ausfish.com.au/nugget/4bc.htm

Or go directly to http://www.4bc.com.au

rick k
23-10-2003, 07:39 PM
sounds great, can't remember the Brisbane am frequency for 4BC either. What times will the show be on?

Rick

rick k
23-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Holy snapping tailor jaws!

That was speedy Steve.

Thanks. I've been enjoying the site; congratulations on an excellent job.

Rick

imported_admin
25-10-2003, 05:40 AM
Just spoke to Nugget and the show will be on for two hours on Sunday, 4am to 6am. This is due to the first day of daylight savings in NSW as they need to fill the gap between 4 and 5am. It will only be on for two hours this Sunday though, 4BC will fill in the gap with something else for the rest of the daylight savings period.

Gazza
25-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Nugget ,
Q1. how about SUNAQUA/Fisheries perspective of our latest "Moreton Bay" cleanwater ratings ,what effect if any :o from concentrated fish-poo

;D ;D ;D ;D

Q2. should the council/Gov't lose power if this degraded

:P :P :P :P

aussiebasser
25-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Hi Gazza,
I think for a Council or Government to lose poser, they would have to be voted out.
Although your idea has some merit, I wonder who would decide on their replacement? Would this be democratic?

SteveCan
26-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Tuning in Now! Just getting the rig ready for today's attack before the wind gets up! ;D

Cheers
Steve

Gazza
26-10-2003, 04:28 AM
Hi Gazza,
I think for a Council or Government to lose poser, they would have to be voted out.
Although your idea has some merit, I wonder who would decide on their replacement? #Would this be democratic?

Yeah mate , a little tongue-in-cheek as per the :P :P :P :P

History did show that Goss? lost the 'balance of power' due to 'koala habitat' (i think about 4 or 5 seats)

This mob , are streets ahead with their majority ,and 'loss of seats' e.g. around Moreton Bay ,wouldn't be a change of Gov't ,but a 'loss of power/bums' nonetheless ;) , and one seat is one too many :o

Regards
Gazza

Nugget
26-10-2003, 04:46 AM
You all loose - Phill didn't wear lycra to the studio this morning.
He even spoke coherently and had some interesting comments.

It's not as easy it might seem - talking about fishing while pushing buttons and listening to comments from the switch in your headphones and reading the screen for next callers while keying ads for the next break!

Thanks Phill -
Give Phill heaps, as I know he won't reply just yet as his computer is dead.

Dave ><>