PDA

View Full Version : *Summer Hat*

Derek Bullock
27-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Hey guys

Its time to wash the Ausfish beanie and stow it away til next winter and get out something more suitable for our Queensland weather. #Been wearing my Ausfish cap but the ears are starting to cop the sun a bit to much.

What about it Steve, are you able to market a hat with a wide brim. #Have got one here made by Alvey that also has a chin strap. #Don't mind wearing it because Alvey are still the best surf reel available but would prefer to let the world know about Ausfish.

What do other people think.

Cheers.

Derek

CHRIS_aka_GWH
27-10-2003, 12:49 PM
i just bought a woven straw hat (ocean & earth brand) $12.95 from a surf shop. I went with straw & am shelving my leather & canvas hat because my head seems to cook in them - the straw breathes & is very cool as I broke it in last week doing the lawn.

It has a chin strap, sweat strip around the entire length of the inside of the brim with a pull chord inbuilt to tighten around your head. Its certainly not water proof or super durable (may only last a summer) but considering it must have taken some poor middle-eastern toddler days to make in a sweat shop, a pretty good buy I thought.

An ausfish summer hat must be aimed at Qld & keep ya nut not just shaded but cool.

my thoughts,

chris

jaybee
27-10-2003, 05:00 PM
The old felt hats we had in the army were good gear on a hot day, don't know if steve can procure them, but u can give them a bash to suit ya personality lol, curl the sides so the rain drips one way yadda yadda yadda.
cheers

Big_Muddie
27-10-2003, 05:15 PM
I use 2 types of caps - but predominantly it's the Adapt-a-Cap style. I have 2 - they are lightweight, cool, UV protected and keep my face, ears and neck protected from the sun.

Only drawback in my opinion is that I can be mistaken for Yassar Arafat at times ;D

I also use my Ausfish cap when conditions are right or when I'm not going to be in the sun very long.

corza85
27-10-2003, 05:16 PM
good old adapt a cap

straddie
27-10-2003, 06:51 PM
Agrees with the araphat, handy in winter and summer and offer plenty of protection for the ears and neck.

Derek Bullock
30-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm well I thought it was a good idea.

Derek >:( >:( >:( >:(

jaybee
30-10-2003, 04:23 PM
i agree with u derek wide brim , must be our age eh
cheers
joe.

rick k
30-10-2003, 05:45 PM
have an adapta cap. Also like wide brimmed synthetic hats with mesh crowns when it is hot. must have chin strap (looks daggy but saves $$) and a high enough sweatband at the front to cover my ever rising forehead.

Attacked my very old Akubra with the glue gun, so its waterproof again for the stormy nights in pursuit of jacks