PDA

View Full Version : Boaties Markets - How You go?

adamleah
27-10-2003, 04:16 AM
Just wondering how people went at the boaties market this morning?.
I myself was there at about 515am and stayed till around 745am , was a good turn out with Id say about 50 - 60 stands.
Took $80 Spent $80 and am now proud owner of fully rollered Angler Rod and a Roberts downrigger with weight and clips,,,, Bargain !!!

Grabbed a couple of snags on bread on way out and am home before kiddilywink and mother were even out of bed...

Top morning Victoria Point Air Sea Rescue ..See you there next time

webby
27-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Wasnt a bad morning, scored a brand new 100lt waeco iceberg esky for 100bucks, because it had a few cscratches and one crack on it. saved about 150 bucks.
Meet up with Phill and family , Big Kev and Nugget looking a bit done in, too much stardom on the Radio ;D.
when dont to the ramp and she was howling through there, bloody near 1 m seas in front of ramp.
regards

adamleah
27-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Hey Webby, If my Uncle "Garth" Knew you were down this way you could have dropped in to his house and did the Rod Swapsie you have been planning on doing...

My budget has gone up to $200 spent on day as I went back & purchased a 6/0 Senator... ;D ;D ..
Don't tell the missus :-X :-X :-X

snappa
27-10-2003, 09:44 AM
hi adam.....

6/0 senator is that a 114h ???????
what did it cost around $140.00
why i am looking at one for $159 and i think its a touch too dear :-X

adamleah
27-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Yeah thats it, has new drag, new handle and fully serviced $100 I got it for...
I thought it was a steal?? Are you saying you think the one you are looking at is expensive or the one I bought is too expensive??

Anyway Im Happy ;D ;D

Big_Kev
27-10-2003, 01:03 PM
Adam I was eyeing off that reel and got the guys number,was gonna get it pay day.Sheeet. It was a good buy and I have just the rod for it.
Cheers Kev.

Big_Kev
27-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Congratulations to the VPVMR as well, good show.

snappa
27-10-2003, 01:25 PM
adam...

no
its a great price for $100 :o :o
if the handle is a bigger one ,, usually off a 9/0 reel :D

mackmauler
27-10-2003, 01:59 PM
yeah your set now adam ;D just a tip, loctite the screws before you go bottom bashn..or get a decky that can handle the bends :P we had some fun that drop hey :o

adamleah
27-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Will do rob....
Peter,The handle Is bigger then the Penns Ive used of Mackmaulers so ?? Maybe it is the bigger version?

Kev, There is still the Everol International he had there for $150 now that was a bargain !!!!!

Cheers Adam "Still Smilin ;D ;D"

fullysik
29-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Hi peoples. I was there nice and early, 5am as I only live a couple of minutes away, I scored a 30 litre fully stainless steel fuel tank for my tinny for $25 so needless to say I was very happy. I thought it was a good turnout, especially since the last one was rained out. A big pat on the back to Victoria Point VMR for their organisation, and I look forward to to the next one in May 04....Dave!!

Nugget
30-10-2003, 12:21 PM
I didn't get there till about 7.30 after the radio Show but was pretty impressed with the turn out.
I managed to get 2 sausages down my neck before I'd been there 5 min.
I think I missed all the bargains - you buggers beat me to them.
I was looking for a marine compass for my truck - I figure I never get lost on the water so if I put one in my 4x4 I will never get lost on the roads - makes sense doesn't it?

It was a bit like old home week or an Ausfish meet and greet.
I ran into fishing collector Warwick Doncaster, quite a few 4BC listeners as well as big Kev (not literally thank god), Lucky Phill and Webby with an arm full of esky and a big smile.
Looking forward to the next one.
Might have to get an earlier start though!

Dave ><>

davo
30-10-2003, 03:22 PM
I got there at about 6.30am after being called in to work at 2.00am. I picked up a couple of rollers for the boat trailers for only $2 !!!

jaybee
30-10-2003, 03:41 PM
nugget
Lucky Phill and Webby with an arm full of esky and a big smiledid phil have his lycras on then ;D

red_spinner
31-10-2003, 01:46 PM
I went along at about 7.30. Couldn't find what I was looking for - a second-hand white light to replace my busted one on top of the centre console. Was happy enough though. Scored a sanger in bread (good as I hadn't had brekkie before I left), a tube of Teflex for $5 (white goo that supposedly prevents corrosion), a brand-new winch handle for $8 - normally $18 - and a bag of leads for my VCR & tele (not related to my boat, but just what I was looking for all the same; bargain at $5) ;D