PDA

View Full Version : Just Curiuos

blaze
01-11-2003, 02:45 AM
Hi all
Just wondering why queenslander are moving to Tassie.
Speaking to 2 families that have moved to Circular Head in the last 2 weeks and they state their reasons are the BLOODY weather, on request for more info, to hot and 2 windy. I had to warn them not to tell to many people about our wonderful state because we can only accomadate a few more before we all start to finish all our sentences with EY. LOL
cheers
blaze
Ps pouring with rain at the moment so no fishin today

jaybee
01-11-2003, 03:17 AM
Yesterday was great blaze this morning looking even better ;D must be a sign of old age when you don't go fishing in the rain eh, lol. sshhh, i don't anymore.
cheers
Joe.

blaze
01-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Hi joe
Once open a time
A bloke would have been joyful for the rain as it brings the river up and an ideal time to soak a worm for a trout, BUT the bones feel it more these days LOL
cheers
blaze

CHRIS_aka_GWH
01-11-2003, 07:15 AM
its because of all the victorians moving up here !!! ;)

jimbamb
01-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Gday,
Most ppl r leavin here because of the cost of real estate.Rates are going to get so expensive we wont be able to pay them.
Havin moved back south to nsw for a while after livin up here,I found the cold to be a big factor and came back.
Ya get soft after a while.I think a lot will come back after the first winter!!!!!

blaze
01-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Hi jim
I know a lot are coming down because of the cost of housing, sell in sydney and buy 10 house in tassie. The people I have been talking to have been blamin the heat. Might mention sitting here in the office with the rain pi- - ing down the the heater going flatout
cheers
blaze

whiteman
01-11-2003, 09:50 AM
It's warm at the moment but not unbearable.

Check out the current weather in Townsville for yourself (it's one of my employee's weather station so I can vouch for its accuracy!)
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94294.html

PinHead
01-11-2003, 11:42 AM
It is for scientific research..us Queenslanders do not get to see many people with scars on their necks(from the removal of the second head), plus we want to have a look at the place. Ya never know, one day we might just get sick of the joint and cut the chains that are holding it to the mainland.

blaze
01-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Hi Pinhead
If it was'nt for the anchor, where would the boat end up or could we say without offending our northern brothers where would the bag of hot wind end up without the anchor LOL
cheers
blaze