PDA

View Full Version : Cold water brings on the snapper

bugman
05-11-2003, 07:44 AM
Guys,

For those of you reporting an increase in snapper catches over the last week or so you may be very interested in this forum thread.

http://www.diveoz.com.au/discussion_forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5059

It seems a big stream of cold water has hit SE QLD with one of the spin offs being diving vizability of 50 metres at the St Paul.

Bugman

jeffo
05-11-2003, 01:40 PM
i didnt bother to check the temp when i was out there on saturday.. but there was plenty of knobbies! would be nice to find the edge of that current line, should be some toothy critters about ;D

webby
05-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Explain why from oct to dec in the bay, you can catch bigger snapper then the winter months.
And this is no hogs wash, winter the offshore ones enter the bay chasing squid and divers and for the odd sex , summer they also come in chassing the huge amount of bait that enters the bay.
Admittely theres not as many, but there there.
regards

bugman
06-11-2003, 06:04 AM
Personally,

I'd like to seek that visibility of 50 metres. Pity it wasn't from the surface. Imagine if it was from the surface. You could drop your face over the side and see the kingies/AJ/snapper swimming on the bottom and see them take your rig - in 50 metres of water. Be bloody interesting fishing.

Bugman

jaybee
06-11-2003, 12:14 PM
brett u don't need the vis if the fish are there, my bro was saying the other day up mooloolaba he had cobes (big buggers) at the back of the boat taking the livies as he fed them out and could not get a hookup, even tried a single thru the nose and a gang thru the butt, these fish are getting smart eh, u can see em, watch them swim off with the bait, but try an hook em, they see a bait and say, thank you very much, :'(
cheers