PDA

View Full Version : charter boat

corza85
17-11-2003, 03:16 PM
does anyone know of any good charter boats around the ballina / illuka area of NSW.. i am going down there for 2 weeks after new years and am taking my tinnie to use in the clarence river cos i am staying on my uncles property ... he owns 2.5 acres on the clarence... any info would help because i would love to get offshore as i have only been 3 times...

cheers...............corza

Jeremy
18-11-2003, 02:58 AM
I have heard that Mark (Mono) Stewart runs a good charter operation. I think he goes out from Brunswick Heads. He has adds in the Bush'N'Beach magazine.

Jeremy

Gorilla_in_Manila
18-11-2003, 04:58 AM
Corza,
As Jeremy said, Mono for Byron Bay (my home town). He is on this site as "Mono" so send him a pm. And yes he does operate out of Bruswick Heads.
For Ballina and Iluka / Yamba, I would suggest you go to the Fishing Monthly web site at www.fishingmonthly.com.au and check out the NSW fishing reports. Not only can you see all the latest fishing reports from down that way, but each town has the name and contact numbers of the guy doing the report - bait and tackle shop owners in each town.
David "Sput" Keevers in Byron will sort you out there and get you contact details for Mono if you can't get hold of him here. Dave's bait shop at Ballina is the one I go to when over there and the staff have always been helpful. (no one there called Dave by the way). I don't know the guy from Yamba but I'm sure he would also set you straight for the Iluka / Yamba area.
Cheers,
Jeff

corza85
18-11-2003, 02:37 PM
thanx alot for your replys fellas....
Jeff the website was a good help .

cheers.............corza