PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Headland

dnej
19-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Havig 4 days at Alex Headland next week.Taking the surf rod. Would you point me at some good spots.Regards David

Zeeke
19-11-2003, 01:05 PM
Off the rock wall infront of Alex should help, down the bottom of the headland the beach is littered with large rocks and boulders, firing out some bait in there should produce some fish for you taking refuge in there

Tim

jeffo
20-11-2003, 01:55 AM
yeah what zeeke said about the rockwalls at the mooloolah river mouth, we have caught thousands of fish of there over the years ranging from whiting to mackeral and kingfish. the rocks at alex headland can be a pain in the arse to fish because the water is very shallow and is home to thousands of happy moments. kawana beach fishes well for whiting and flathead. good luck on your trip. if you want more info you can send me an im or when you arrive here head into "fishing world" near KFC on aerodrome road. wayne will give you all the relative info.... tell him jeffo and tim sent ya ;D

jeffo
20-11-2003, 01:57 AM
ohh. and i hope by alexandER you meant alexandRA. if not none of my info will be relevant ;D

dnej
20-11-2003, 06:17 AM
Trust me to spell it incorrectly. Thanks for the help. I am staying at the Mandolin Resort. How far to the rock wall from there. Morning or afternoon better?
Per chance do you have a map you can post? Dont want much do I
Again , manny thanks
David
PS Surf rod still the go off the wall?

stack
20-11-2003, 06:20 AM
What the others said is all good info but they forgot to mention the mouth of maroochy river,you should pick up a mixed bag there of bream,flathead,tailor and whiting.I`d recommend fishing an hour before dusk or real early morn.Good luck