PDA

View Full Version : Pee'd of with mongrels

aglassman
22-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Hi, just spent four days at favourite fishing spot, Brunswick Heads. ;D Caught a few fish kept a few threw the others back. The way I see it, if everybody chucks the littlies back we can all catch reasonable sized fish. ;)

The problem is there were several boats with 2 or 3 people in them keeping just about everything. [smiley=wut.gif] All white probably in their 50's or 60's. So that narrows it down to possibly being either Australian, British or european. [smiley=evil.gif]

One boat with a man and a female, possibly his wife, caught at least ten flat head that would not have even reached 30 cm. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=stop.gif]

It looked like a club of some sort, there was about 7 boats with people that seemed to know each other. I couldn't find out for sure cause the wind got up for the last 2 days and almost impossible to go out in a boat and they were staying at a different caravan park.[smiley=bigcry.gif]

I get so dam angry when I and many good fishermen throw the littlies and a lot of big ones back and these absolute r-soles don't play the bloody game [smiley=evil3.gif]

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THESE IGNORANT MUNGRELS???? [smiley=rifle.gif]

Cheers to the good fisho's Pete. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hutcho
22-11-2003, 12:42 PM
I agree wiht you whole-heartedly Pete. It is a real shame that some people do not realise, or care for that matter that they are hurting the fish stocks, and future generations of fisher-people who enjoy throwing a line in, and keeping only enough fish for a meal or two. I don't understand why some people want to take a lot of undersized fish, and then freeze them anyhow. I prefer my fish to be as fresh as possible! The satisfaction of releasing fish goes much further than saving one fishs' life at the end of the day. I'm all for keeping a good feed of fish, but some people need to understand what they do, can actually be quite damaging to the fish populations in that area.

Enjoy your weekend all! (Didn't realise i was on my soap box that much until i re-read this paragraph!! Sorry folks)

Hutcho

imported_admin
22-11-2003, 12:52 PM
aglassman

Did you phone NSW Fishieries and report it ?

aglassman
22-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi Ausfish, I was all prepared to get photo's and boat numbers, then it got very windy and no boats came back out. It's a shame I lost such a good opportunity but there was not much I could do without boat numbers. Not much of an excuse I know.

Cheers Pete

Gorilla_in_Manila
22-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Aglassman (Pete is it?),

I'm from Byron originally and am partial to a quiet day on the Brunswick River myself. (not that you expect to catch much in the river itself, mostly small stuff only there now days - therefore most days on the river there are quiet ;D).

The mongrels you are referring to are probably the same pricks that rip around the river on the plane (ie doing well over 10knots) and passing by within about 10m of you whilst you are fishing. Bruns being such a narrow river, these pig ignorant mongrels obviously have not the slightest consideration for others. I guess if they didn't bother reading the boat rules, they didn't bother with the catch rules either - but more likely just greedy knobs that think the rules don't apply to them. >:(

Do others find the same sort of idiots around in other rivers or is Bruns just some sort or dork-magnet? (Maybe it's just in your face a bit more at Bruns coz the river is so narrow.)

AAAAHHHHHH Thats better!!!!!

Please excuse me but a nerve was touched reading the previous post, I'll get off my soap box now. :-X

Cheers,
Jeff