PDA

View Full Version : Norway calling about Shark fishing lines

Gorilla_in_Manila
20-11-2003, 09:08 PM
We got this stuff in Australia made by BHP Fishing Tackle called "Fencewire Leader". I think the 10 gauge should be about what you are looking for.
Do they sell it over there?

bombadilla
20-11-2003, 09:29 PM
Hey. I am looking for a black, thin, (1 mm. diameter) skarkfishing line that can handle 80-100 kilograms (or more). Probaly metal of some kind. Anybody able to give me help out there? I am from Norway, and sharkfishing isn't very common, to put itmildly.

od-rumu@online.no

bombadilla
20-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey. Thanks for the reply. I don't think they sell it here. I am looking for a place to purchase it. In a bit of a hurry too, because I need it before the first of december.

Regards.

jimbamb
21-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Good one gorilla!!!!

Ya forgot to mention the barbed variety!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::)

Gorilla_in_Manila
22-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Jimbamb,
Barbed variety; you prefer the baitholder pattern I see. ;)
Cheers,
Jeff

Gorilla_in_Manila
22-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Bombadilla,
Below is a website for a US tackle store which has Dark Coffee coloured stainless steel leader up to 100+lbs. I think they will air freight it to you in 2 days. Guess you could plait three strands together if you needed it stronger.
Do a google search for fishing tackle UK and you will come up with a heap of online stores to choose from and they might be closer and more used to shipping stuff your way than the US stores. Most of the sites in Norway seems to be all fly fishing.
Why don't you go down to a port fishing town and ask the pro fishermen if they have or use heavy gauge stainless wire, or look at hardware stores, or boat shops.
Sounds like you are looking for stainless steel winch rope rather than fishing leader. ;)
Skol,
Jeff

http://tackledirect.com/malinleader.html

bombadilla
26-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks alot Jeff. Almost gave up hope.

C U.