PDA

View Full Version : Murray Cod season to start on Monday

nsw_fisheries
28-11-2003, 05:46 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/gen/news/fb_03nov26-murray.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

Chris_J
28-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Well its that time again...The MC is open prey for the meato's once again...

Please respect the king of the river, catch and release them (especially those from rivers) God knows the stocks have taken a hammering for long enough... ::)

Cheers

Chris

Gazza
28-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Well its that time again...The MC is open prey for the meato's once again...

Please respect the king of the river, catch and release them (especially those from rivers) God knows the stocks have taken a hammering for long enough... ::)

Cheers

Chris

Mate ,deadset ,I do not understand the 'Meato' bashing , just because 1/12, you are ONLY NOW allowed, after abiding by the MEATO CLOSED season ,to ALLOW them to breed , are ONLY NOW ,allowed to eat one or 3.......

Mate ,deadset ,the only hammering and interruptions they get DURING THE CLOSED season by the C&R ,"only taking a photo" mob ,destroys more fish ,IF they don't get a chance to breed !!

Meatos respect "breeding time" ;) ,you 'goodguys' ::) don't ,and attempt to flash/sun-blind them as well :P

;D IF i'm wrong ,I'LL probably choke on a fishbone ;D ;D

Chris_J
30-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Mate...slow down a second :o

I don't target MC's during the closed season at all! Even outside of the protected range...Most "GoodGuys" (as you like to call them, By the way I'm gathering you are revering to C & R fisherman?) know that it is not only illegal ( http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/rec/fw/closed_waters_native.htm ) but also very damaging to the breeding cycle of the MC to target them, let alone keep them...

Meato's( By that statement I'm revering to those that fish for the those purpose of trying to catch large numbers of fish in order to inflate(sp) their own big heads, often by the uses of setlines etc) Don't respect the fishery or the regulations.

Esky fillers(aka Meato's) are what destroys the fishery.

Yes there are accidental captures( by both responsable lure fisherman and responsable Bait fisherman) and these fish are/should be release as soon as possible, with out leaving the water...

Thats My Opinion...

Chris

Gazza
01-12-2003, 04:34 AM
Chris ,you are still making incorrect assumptions on what meatos are about , eating fish, and that is sad mate.

1.Goodguys and meatos both know the damage to the breeding cycle.
2.Goodguys using lures,would "accidentally" catch many,many more fish than a
bait using meato ,targeting bass?/yellas/jewies.
3.Setlines , so what #??? ,ALL the time ,undersize fish are released in the water ,alive #;)
4.Meatos dont "respect the fishery OR regulations" ........rubbish #:(
5.Meatos(aka esky fillers) are the demise of the fishery......wrong #:(
(waterflow issues and interruptions to breeding are! )

Mate ,meatos are Fishos who eat fish within guidlines, plain 'n simple

Regards
Gazza

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] "Responsible" C&R to ONLY use stocked impoundments during CLOSED season(s) [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

caveman
01-12-2003, 05:45 AM
on chris thing toward meatos i have heard in the past where these such people have gone out fishing and then bragged about catching 20 -30 cod and yellas and filled their eskys to the point of overflowing, and unless i,m mistaken this is the meatos that chris is refering to in general, not the fellow who keeps a fish to eat for themself correct me if i,m
wrong chris, and gazza i agree with you on the water flow issues aswell

Chris_J
01-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Gary Mate you got it right...Meato's to me ain't those who take home enough for a feed...Meato's are those that kill excessive amounts of fish...

Those who take home a feed? Good on them as long as they respect the enviroment(taking into account the state of the system they are fishing) and the regulations..

I don't want this to be about Bait verse Lures/Good verse Bad, I just want people to realise what their actions are having on our waterways and the creatures that live in the waterway.

Like Gary I couldn't agree more about the water flow issues...Its definetly a huge problem that effects nearly all our inland rivers...

I let everyone else decide what they think when it comes to setlines ::) Each to there own i guess...I was just hoping to prompted people to think about the MC's future ::) ...

Cheers

Chris