PDA

View Full Version : Luderick!!!!

digger
01-12-2003, 06:40 AM
Any and or all information regarding Fishing for niggers, need advice.Help Help Help!
digger
D. ;D

landy1
01-12-2003, 06:44 AM
;DFirstly you have to be about 130 years old and then you need a beanie for a footy club that dosent exist anymore (pompom included) then you have to know the secret handshake. Next is the interesting yet pungent odour and the bottle in your cardigan pocket then its just a matter of sitting on a roack wall with a long floppy rod and not catching anything. ;Perhaps others may have better advice :-X
cheers
Mick

jeffo
01-12-2003, 01:41 PM
hahaha. lol @mick alot of what he says is true!!! :o it is beyond me how so many people can get hooked on catching fish about the size of bream that taste lie seaweed. ;D
in relation to your question digger.. what is it that you are chasing info on specifically?
rods need to be long, light and sensitive. as for reels it depens on who you ask i spose. alot of the older fella's love their centerpin reels, while i feel that a light threadline spooled with 2 or 3kg line does the trick nicely.
now you have your rod you will need to buy a few pencil floats,stoppers, some split shots and some small hooks-no.8 or 10 mustad "snecks" work well.
find or buy some weed, either the cabbage or stringy stuff works (can depend on area and day). now you are set and ready to go its basically all trial an error. waiting for your float to get pulled under ("a down") and when to strike will all come with practise.
luderick are BEST (notice i sai BEST not good) eaten fresh. they should be bled and iced on capture and skinned before cooking.

hope this has helped you.
good luck. jeff

agnes_jack
02-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Well put landy
My sentiments exactly, But you forgot to mention the pledge of silence lest someone should discover your secrets!
:-X Tony ;D ;D ;D

Nugget
02-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Float fishing has its own charm - and luderick pull harder than most other estuary species, which makes them great fun.
I personally don't "love" the taste but many of my mates swear by them.
The general consensus is that they are better cold on a sandwich the next day rather then hot off the griller - I'd have to agree.

The problem is you're out of season - they are a winter species.
Ask the question in May and I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Dave ><>