PDA

View Full Version : Dec 6/7 - Talking Fishing

Nugget
05-12-2003, 07:53 AM
SATURDAY
Will be devoted to changes in regulations that will affect you.
Listen so you know - I'd also welcome your comments - good or bad.
We'll also be talking to the King of Compares Barry Burgum on fishing, competitions and the facts of life - and if you know Bazza like I do, you know I'll have my finger on the dump button!

SUNDAY
Did you know that fishing may be banned on one-third of the Great Barrier Reef within six months?
Sunday will be devoted to the future of reef fishing.
Have your say.

Listen every Sat and Sun morning on Radio 4BC (1116am on your dial) from 5 - 6am or live on the Internet at www.4bc.com.au

Dave ><>

fnq_tinnie
05-12-2003, 12:53 PM
thanks nugget for the web link

Lucky_Phill
05-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Well Dave, if I'm up ( previous night xxxx ), I'll certainly be putting it to Barry about his thoughts on those " special " fish that are being weighed in at comps. >:( :( ;)

Love opening a can of worms ;D ;D ;D

As for that GBRMPA new regs and 30% closure, I've had a pretty good look at it, it does leave lots of access to the ' normal' fishing areas that recs always fished. Main hit for rec / charters is Swains, but that's a big area. As one Pro fisho said, he'd rather see reduced operators than closures, he may have a point.

Also noting that the Dive / tourist operators have a free reign in the areas. Have a problem with that, effluent, sunscreens, detergents, oils ( out board ), anchoring, and general rubbish all being increased at who knows what rate ? And of course, they'll want to build Pontoons everywhere, and more than likely Floating Hotels etc, where will it stop ?

Lets not forget that the Green Zones that touch the mainland coastline are to be connected to the Estuary or River system that it joins, under the State Govt regs, that have not surfaced yet.......... food for thought there !

Cheers Phill