PDA

View Full Version : XMAS GATHERING REPORT

Lucky_Phill
07-12-2003, 02:03 AM
27 #Ausfish members, partners, offspring and guests attended the function at Club Rochedale last night.

Big thanks to Adrian ( Snappyone ) for suggesting and having the function there. #Food was great, the Deck, was a perfect spot for us to gather and the drinks were cold ( although Brett can't tell the difference between XXXX and Cascade ? ).

Thanks to our fearless leader Steve for the sponsorship of the food and donation to the meat tray raffle..( you had the wining ticket in your pocket ! # ;) #).

The new faces for me were:- #Chrisso, Reefmaster and I'm sure others were meeting some folk for the first time. #

There is another face there, who apparently is about to become a member of Ausfish and already has a nickname. G'day #Rooter ! # # #apparently the ' s ' is silent or invisible ? # # #:o

From what I overheard and partook in, a lot of good info was handed out from the hardheads to the newbies and visa versa.

Also good to see some bring their 'other' halves and kids along.

The opportunity arose once again to get a glimpse of Webby and Nugget .....NOT...... wearing their respective hats.... ::)

I'm sure this will become an annual event, and dare say a much larger one.

So thanks to all attended, and hope to see more of you Ausfisher folk at the next one, as well as future M & G's.

cheers # Skipper of the Skanky Hoe...... # Phill

Reefmaster
07-12-2003, 02:25 AM
Hi all,

We had a great time last night, it was good to put names to faces. Sorry for those who I never got to meet, maybe next time.

Thanks again for organising everything, and giving us an opportunity to talk crap and down a few ales, (Roota was in fine form after downing about ten thousand schooners. He had started early though, I stopped in to see him at 3 and he was already stuck in to them!)

Looking forward to the next one...

Webby, hope you made it to phill's in one piece. ;D

Cheers Greg

Nugget
07-12-2003, 02:41 AM
Good to catch up with everyone - once I found the place!
That compass is going to come in handy Brett! - Thanks

Dave ><>

Lucky_Phill
07-12-2003, 02:49 AM
Apparently all roads directly or indirectly connected to any boat ramp in South East Queensland, will be lined with channel markers as part of a new strategy to allow ' some ' anglers to safely navigate their way on land. :o ::) :P

Chrisso
07-12-2003, 03:01 AM
Thanks to Steve and also to Adrian who organised the night and all those who attended, as I can now put peoples faces with names. #:)Thanks to all those who talked to me and sorry to those I didn't get a chance to talk to. I'll do my best to get to the next meet and greet and meet more of the folks. #:)

Chrisso #:)

peterbo3
07-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Top Night, [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Thanks greatly to Adrian & Steve. Best calamari in town!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Fantastic location on the deck. No sad faces anywhere.
Was even able to wipe Brett's fingerprints off my new reel even though they were in deep. :-X :-X :-X
Must get ready for tonights trip to Coomera. Webby has hinted
at a wet arse AND fish. We will see.

adriancorrea
08-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi all
I have to agree with everyone,
was a good night and the food was great.
Also good to put faces to names.
Thanks steve for the food and the donation
Peter Ill be around to collect the reel soon afterall I did win the raffle lol :D ;)
Looking forward to the next meet and greet and offcourse to next years xmas bash

Tight Lines
Adrian

bugman
09-12-2003, 05:24 AM
I'll add my comments to those above - always good to catch up and talk fishing. Thanks to everyone involved.

Here's the group - minus Nugget who had an early rise.

bugman
09-12-2003, 05:25 AM
Thanks to the man in the middle - Adrian - for setting up the shindig. Doesn't Kev look stoic.

bugman
09-12-2003, 05:26 AM
A bunch of likely looking lads hiding in the corner

bugman
09-12-2003, 05:27 AM
Did he really win the meat tray?

bugman
09-12-2003, 05:28 AM
Nice shoot'n Tex

bugman
09-12-2003, 05:29 AM
Reefy and Roota - what a combination. Picking up the new regs this week Greg and keen for a swim ;)

Lucky_Phill
10-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Was I making a point ?

Was I shooting something or someone ?

This is my pistol, this is my gun, this is for shooting, this is for fun ! ::) :P

Cheers Phill