PDA

View Full Version : WISH LIST

webby
07-12-2003, 02:04 AM
This will be something different for you to answer, instead of the old " Whats the biggest fish ya caught" scenario.
BUT
What if the "Sands" in your Hour Fishing Glass were nearing Empty and you only had 24 hours left.
What would be you "Last Fishing Wish" before meeting you Maker?

regards

Lucky_Phill
07-12-2003, 02:06 AM
Another ( much much larger )Hourglass # # # # # # # ???

Brett_Finger
07-12-2003, 02:07 AM
for my family to live a happy - sucessfull and healthy life.
hookin,Brett :)

jeffo
07-12-2003, 04:09 AM
what brett said.... but apart from that i would love to get out and get one last billfish :)

Cloud_9
07-12-2003, 04:41 AM
??? ??? ??? ???
it seems that some people have drifted off base.

Last Fishing Wish
mine would be???

To Catch everything that i haven't caught yet. #

BLOODY BIG BARRA

Cloud_9
07-12-2003, 04:44 AM
JUST LIKE TO SAY IT GETS YA THINKIN
24 HOURS ISN'T VERY MUCH TIME.

DAMN GOOD QUESTION WEBBY

Zeeke
07-12-2003, 05:16 AM
if thats the case.. i wouldnt mind catching a meter long barra on 4lb fireline using bream gear...

Tim

justfishing
07-12-2003, 05:31 AM
If I had 24 hours to live the last thing I would be thinking about would be fishing ::)

Cheers

Gorilla_in_Manila
07-12-2003, 06:11 AM
My wish would be to become suddenly enlightened and understand everything about fishing; like what place, time, tide, moon phase, bait, method, atmospheric pressure, migratory habits of fish, etc etc would produce the perfect fish or fishing experience.

I'd then phone up my best mates and family and ask them what would be their definition of the perfect fishing experience. I'd then write them a little note telling them exactly when, where, and how to do this so that they could all go an have that one perfect fishing experience in their lives and be ready to take photos etc so it would always be with them (and hopefully they would remember me each time they looked at the photo). It should only take a couple of hours to phone around and write the notes.

For myself, I'd then go somewhere nice with my family and spend the last 22 hours with them maybe watching a sunset over the ocean or something. I wouldn't go fishing. I'd be happy to peg out just knowing I finally understood it all.
;)
Cheers
Jeff

PS If you think webby's excellent question is a bit whimsical then consider this:

If your average alloted time on this earth is the standard 3 score year and ten (70years) and your last wish was to catch a grander marlin or some other awsome, seasonal and rare fish. Assuming, you might not have the stamina to land it between the ages of 60 and seventy. Budget and time commitments might only allow you to go fishing once per summer for say 3 days on a charter. And of the 3 days you were there, maybe only 1 hour was the time you were actually in the right place at the right time, on strike, with the right bait and tackle, with fish around etc etc.
Therefore if you are now 36 years of age, you truely do only have 24 hours left to fullfill your wish.

sharkbait
07-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Big Spaniard off the rocks on 10kg spin gear.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
07-12-2003, 08:41 AM
its a perfect, black winters night on the beach at South Straddie around 4am.
The only thing interfering with the intensity of the stars glow in the milky way is the occasional whispy, silver lined cloud that flits across the sky driven by the crisp puffs of a variable southwester.

The phosphoresing surf lulls around your knees, its warm rythmn almost hypnotising.

Your mind wanders....
What a session you just had on the rising tide to 10pm. The tailor just kept biting; hit after hit, just you & your brother like the #old days. Some near misses on some big takes, some memorable acrobatics from the fish in the shallows - their last ditch effort to gain freedom & ... life - your mind wanders - the analogy is poignant & ironic.

ssssssssssssssssssss s s s the alvey hisses in the breeze, slowly winding to a stop. Your weary forearms & torn up fingers tense ... & wait SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS you hit. Grabbing the alvey's spool & handle you lean against 14ft of creaking graphite composite - the pressure against your gut is extreme - your left arm shakes at the elbow as your forefinger attempts to get the line into the open runner - you can feel it twange out of the groove it has #cut but the feeling is relief.

wheww You are concious of your first breath as you exhale long & hard - "stay calm" - you lean a little just to make sure those hooks are in - your thighs start a shake as the fish puts in an acceleration - you breathe again & wait .....
lift & wind. hold lift & wind hold.....
another run ....

as the watercolour pink of the rising sun kisses the horizon on your last morning, 5kg+ of tailor lulls around in the half light just behind the shore dump - it won't give in. You make the decision to wade out & gill it rather than drag it up the sand & risk losing the battle with a lazy decision. The glimmer of the first rays of sun catch the silver flanks of almost 1m of predator as it rolls over in readiness for it fate in the knee deep water. Suddenly as your hand is almost upon it a silver flash .........

the tailor is gone in a swirl - sucked down around a huge yellow tail that dissappears into the foam ............ JEW
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss - the reel screams - & the dream begins again.

that's my wish -
but thats just me Santa,

seeyainthesurf,
chris

Remo
07-12-2003, 08:47 AM
A Brisbane River Cod. ;)

I should be there for a while. ;D

Ray

caveman
07-12-2003, 09:50 AM
anything bloody big with a 1000kg winch to make sure i land my last fish ;D ;D
other than that to spend it with the missus and my 3mth old son

landy1
09-12-2003, 04:19 PM
A 10 pound wild stream brown on a dry fly on a painfuly cold winters day.
cheers
Mick

snappa
09-12-2003, 04:40 PM
take "the one who must be obeyed" on a one way fishing trip. ;D

Brett_Finger
10-12-2003, 03:18 AM
Yah caught all those,
fishing is always my and will always be my thing,catching them or not,just being on the water would be my last fishing wish.
Hookin,Brett :D

bungie
10-12-2003, 03:20 AM
Thats it, not so much the fishing, as just being ON the water

Mudcrab
10-12-2003, 04:31 AM
I have visions of Kylie Minogue in those gold hot pants putting my last pillie on a 3-gang.................

four_stroke
10-12-2003, 09:30 AM
::) mermaid 36, 26, 34. prefer blonde no scales, attracted to a beach hide away by my aluring body (it's my wish so i can have any body i want ok) that takes care of the first 5 mins. not sure on the last 23hrs 55mins. any ideas.

Tally
10-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Waking up in my boat which is exactly the same as Greg Normans "Aussie Rules" ;D.
Breakfast being served to me by Liz Hurley, Jennifer Lopez and a whole bunch of other honeyz :-*.
When it comes time for a bit of fishing, none other than Elle grabs my favourite rod :o for me. By the way for this fishing wish my favourite rod seems to have become quite a bit bigger ::) ;).
Anyway thats the way the day goes, than I die :'(

Cheers,
Jay.

P.S. As far as the fishing goes I end up landing a Blue Whale (released unharmed) on whiting gear of course. Name written in history for ever.

Cloud_9
10-12-2003, 06:23 PM
just a reply to 4 stroke.

the 5 minite bit is that why your called 4 stroke. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
just kidding
could resist sorry

Cheers Cloud 9