PDA

View Full Version : Best time for a radio fishing show

Nugget
08-12-2003, 12:55 PM
When are you more likely to listen?
I'd be interested to know what anglers would like.

Dave ><>

adriancorrea
08-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi dave
I reckon friday night would be good as most are planning a trip for the weekend and the info would be good.

Tight Lines
Adrian

Big_Kev
08-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Dave I don't mind the week end mournings but it would be good if it started at six. That way I would be on the spot X by then or would not fall asleep on the couch when I get up earlier to listen.
But at least I make the effort.
Otherwise friday nights and I could listen in while I do the serious stuff in the shed.(like try and find things LOL).
Cheers Kev.

Justme
08-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Hi people
Try Fishtalk on the ABC radio
Starts 5am saturdays
Cheers
Larry

snappa
08-12-2003, 03:21 PM
dave

friday nite while getting the boat ready
listen to the radio ,weather and dream of the big one

Greggo
08-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Larry, Fishtalk on a saturday morning is excellent. One hour is just not long enough. Should be at least 3-4 hours.
Greggo

Brett_Hoskin
08-12-2003, 04:14 PM
8 am Saturday Mornings, or there abouts. Not too early. I like many others get up early through the week and I refuse to wake at 5 or 6 am on a Saturday for a radio show.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
08-12-2003, 04:38 PM
6am Sat for 2hrs

four_stroke
08-12-2003, 04:51 PM
how about when the fish aren't biting ;D

Remo
08-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Friday night or Saturday morning 8am.

What else would you be doing on a Friday night, with a wife and two kids? Thinking about FISHING ;)

Brett_Finger
09-12-2003, 02:46 AM
yep,
i'm big on the friday night time slot.!
hookin,Brett

bugman
09-12-2003, 07:26 AM
Geez Dave - I didn't even had to word them up about Fishtalk. ;D

I think Friday night would be a good option but I think you'll find it's actually not a popular listening time - between 6-8:00pm anyway. Most people are busy doing stuff at that time.

Saturday morning's is a great time - between 6-8:00am would be fantastic. A full breakfast show on outdoors SEQld. Just like Creek to Coast or other such things but for radio. It should be extrmely easy to attract advertising for such a format. Could probably stretch it 6-9am but three hours is a long time on radio Dave.

Brett

Nugget
09-12-2003, 12:20 PM
I was told recently that anglers rate centre consuls as their most desired fishing boat.
Interesting that centre consuls are actually at the bottom of the list in terms of sales.

I think a Friday night fishing program falls into the same category - popular in theory but traditionally low in terms of listeners.
Very few anglers have selected Sun morning yet this time slot gets my highest ratings.
It is very interesting to see what the majority of anglers want.
And your comments on an 'outdoors' style program is also well worth considering.
Dave ><>

webby
09-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Hows about all day sunday, thatll keep you out of church and out of trouble. ;D,
5-7am sunday morning, with live up to date on the water weather(not from met bureau)/live fishing reports from b/water-bay-offshore.
As by this time keen fisho's are out there, and the not so keen are thinking about it.
regards

Lucky_Phill
09-12-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm with Brian here, Sat & Sun 5am - 7am. 1 hour is never enough.

reports and round ups and weather in the first hour and feedback, local ' yobbo ' , ' live ' reports in the second hour.

Yobbo :- read " Lucky_Phill " and !!!!! Others. ::) ya knows wots I mean !

I know you might be encrouching on the guy that follows you , but, if anyone had fishing gear for sale ( this would be a time filler if nedded ).

Maybe you could offer a New Cruiscraft for anyone who ' completely' understands the new regs !

Phill

landy1
09-12-2003, 04:35 PM
What about Sun arvo for that relaxing listen while nursing an amber brew reflecting on the past weekend. Would tie in nicely with the fishing shows on the telly. Also be great to listen to while scrubbing down the boat and gear.
Cheers
Mick

rickraider
10-12-2003, 04:41 PM
you blokes have it all wrong . should be on monday night to listen about what was caught and where .

krazyfisher
10-12-2003, 05:05 PM
saturdays are no good we are all out fishing aren't we ???

clutter
10-12-2003, 05:17 PM
I like the Saturday and Sunday mornings but a 6am start would be great. Wife gets a bit dirty when I wake her with the radio at 5am. I suppose she could always start cleaning a bit earlier. (do I duck now)

cheers, Clutter

Cloud_9
10-12-2003, 05:20 PM
yep i think Krazyfisher is right. monday round up from the weekend.
the papers do a round up but its a week late.(friday)

Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
10-12-2003, 05:24 PM
just thought id add that while a center console may be the most desirered fishing boat, some people have to compromise to keep the missus happy , or family.
i have C/C and i think its the ducks n*ts.

searaider
11-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Nugget ,
I think Friday night would be the best, it would be a better time to plan where your going on the Sat Morning .
I currently listen to both Sat & Sumday but if I'm going fishing the 5AM start clashes with my traveling on the water & I carn't hear the show . 6 AM may be a better start time most would be anchered up by then & some may ring with actual bay / outside conditions .I always find the on water reports like John Palamo & Bill Cortens the most informative .

Regards
Searaider 2

Touchy - R.I.P.
11-12-2003, 03:31 AM
G'Day Dave I like the Sat/Sun.setup except as per some of the above comments re start time & lenght,0600 start 0800 finish would be great.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.Webby could still get to his church on the Sun.morning then :P :P :P.

Nugget
11-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Somebody "important" must be reading these posts.
As a resuly of the "new regulations contoversy", 4BC management have given me 2 hours this Saturday and 2 hours this Sunday.
The Shows will run from 5 - 7am both days.

If you're not happy with the new regulation - ring and tell everyone why.
Love to hear from you all.
This is a trial - let's hope it all runs well.

Dave ><>

Gazza
11-12-2003, 01:01 PM
What the !!!!! ....... no buy & sell!!! :-X :-X :-X

Be listening mate ;)