PDA

View Full Version : rubbish

rickraider
19-12-2003, 01:29 PM
well the holidays have just started and our beach is looking like crap.in the mornings there are emptys and line scattered everywhere .i beleive if you take it down take it back up.

basserman
20-12-2003, 03:49 AM
I'm with you rackraider i'm sick and tired of morons out there not spending a extra 2 seconds to tide up where they were.
We live in the best country in the world and yet we still have morons that arin't proud enougt of our country to pick up there litter! :-[

agnes_jack
20-12-2003, 03:52 AM
Pretty slack mate
Its the same story around here. When you go down to the rocks there is always a heap of crap left by a bunch of mongrels who have absolutely no concern about other people or the very environment that they have come to enjoy. Its no wonder the greenies get so upset about these fithy pigs who have the hide to call themselves fishermen. The same blokes sit there and say "we fishermen do no harm to the environment" and wonder why we are getting locked out of so many of our favorite fishing areas. If you can carry a full bait bag or carton of tinnies into an area you sure as s%$t can carry it back out again empty! We make a habit of going over a fishing area before we leave and pick up as much as we can carry before we leave, but it stuns me that people leave thier rubbish for others to remove. As responsible fishos we should all do this and remove as much rubbish as we can from our favorite fishing spots and maybe try and undo some of the negative feedback we are copping from this "majority" of thoughtless fishos.
Cheesed Tony >:( >:( >:(

basserman
20-12-2003, 04:15 AM
abouslutie right there tony i love going to untouched places to fish yet i'm surprised :o when i get there to find emtie stubbies floting in the wter that i need to pick up!
I love fishing and beeing a responable fisherpreson i always pick up all the rubbish i can even if it isn't mine :-[
and living in a holiday location i'm surprised at how many people go on holiday and MUST think "oh well someone else will pick it up." it tottal weacks a place and i would hate to live in a place that looks like a squatters dump >:(
i also worrie about a marine life when you see this rubbish make it in to our seas. The same sea oversea tourests come to see

col_aus
20-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Yep its a pretty sad sight when you have to wade through someone elses crap to get to your spot.
Was out at bass point the other day and the rubish laying around is unbelivable i picked up a 15 litre bucket of plastic bags bait bags and beer bottles on the way back,its obvious some people just dont care,yet funny enough they are the first ones to start winging when they close down areas because of there filthy habits.
not the time of the year to be grumpy but they really get up my nose.

Gazza
20-12-2003, 04:19 PM
So should we ban ALL the "good people" from fishing #,or simply wonder WHY the LITTERING laws aren't being policed accordingly

??? ??? PLEASE EXPLAIN #??? ???

Be honest ,tell me...

basserman
20-12-2003, 04:25 PM
they have alreay locked some fishing/bbq ground off around the norther rivers this year because of grots

it is only the minority (i hope) thats wreaking it and you do need to wonder why they get off with a slap on the hand

Gazza
20-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Basserman WE(o.k. ,just me ;)) all have laugh when Steve Dunn(NSW) suggests the MAX penalty is XYZ multiples of $10,000 for fishing offences ,so should LITTERING by XYZ multiples of $1,000 ??? ???

basserman
20-12-2003, 04:39 PM
i think littering is a bigger problem that these pollies think
next time your driveing and stop at traffic light look at the crube and see how many ciggie buts there are it STINKS yet as they advertised on tv the fine for tossing a ciggie is only $200 max and you know most are only getting a $40 more than likly
but just with everything it need more inforcment
i'm still surprised to read in every nswfm about another ex pro getting done for illagal fishing so if they are still doing it and getting caught same a litters hom many are doing it and not getting caught ???

Gazza
20-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Fines without "enforcement" = pie-in-the-sky pollie-ticks #;)

QLD ,I've heard is utilising Satelite technology to determine WHICH brands are actually being chucked out the window!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
or it could be just on the GBR #:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

basserman
20-12-2003, 04:52 PM
i'v known people to do it and most think nothing of it but maybe our goverments insted of fines should dump a big truck load of buts on the guiltys frount yard bet that would stop them quick ;)

Gazza
20-12-2003, 05:06 PM
IF it takes 7 butts to make a rollie(cigarette) ,how many rollies can you GET from 50 butts #;D ;D

;)
p.s. good idea ,but WHO collected the butts in the 1st. place #???

basserman
20-12-2003, 05:10 PM
hmm always the problem no one would want to get them now

i think the yanks have got a good ider where insted of comunity service that put people on highway patrol and litter patrol

Gazza
20-12-2003, 05:44 PM
U S of A ::) , sheesh I think we'd rather just go to jail :o
but no LITTERING COPS here ,so no Jail ;)

GOOD people don't litter , and you can make 8 rollies out of 50 butts/dumpers ;)
Be good ,enjoy and respect your fishing AND environment

Merry Xmas Mate
Regards
Gazza
:D :D :D

basserman
20-12-2003, 05:50 PM
same to you mate have a good one or two

i know i will teach my son never to litter theres always a bin somewhere :) :) :) :D :) :) :)