PDA

View Full Version : The Xmas rush or ' slow'

Lucky_Phill
25-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Geez louise, I went out today to see some people and get a couple of things done. Not really Xmas shopping , as that was done, weeks ago. 7p's etc.

The folk on the road are in a daze ! Bugga me if the majority weren't asleep or lookin at the xmas lists etc.

I usually travel on the roads early mornings and catch the " school 4 x 4 mum's " in the arvo, but they have nothing on the Xmas Sleepers. ::) :(

The traffic was choas, as I think everyone who usually drives on a Sunday ( Sunday Drivers ) were out today, leaving everything to the last minute. It wasn't that people were speeding and pushing and shoving etc, I really think that the heat got to them and they had a brain meltdown. OH, green light, Yes that means GO !

Should I turn left or right ? OH, it's one way, bugga, I think I'll stay here for a while and look confused. :( ???

OH, a carpark 200 meters up the road, I won't use the 2,369 empty ones in between me and that one, I'll wait for the closest one to the shop door.

All right, some things can't be got, til the Xmas eve, but shoot man, if a Yobbo Fisherman such as myself can get his posterior organized weeks in advance, why can't " normal" people ?

Me, having a winge ? never ! Just an observation !

I must say that, on the whole people were courteous, probably overly !

TFIX.........( thank god it's xmas ).

Now for some of Queensland favourite tipple and tucker.

X X X X & Prawns...............I'm outta here.

Phill

Big_Kev
25-12-2003, 05:07 PM
That'll teach ya for venturing out during the silly season.

jaybee
25-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Yeah beats running up a sandbank at 90 mph eh ;D while wearing lycras, cheers n merry christmas.
Joe