PDA

View Full Version : end of an era

landy1
23-12-2003, 06:18 PM
:'(
Well the Landy has gone, Buggie will understand my loss. unfortunately one toy had to make way for the others. Before you ask though im keeping the nickname, although my other half sugested i should change it to Landynone.
In Mourning
Mick

mackmauler
23-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Mick, you can come for a ride in mine if the craving gets to much ;)

landy1
23-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Do tell,
Ive convinced the missus that i will need a series 2 shorty softop at some point in the future
cheers
Mick

landy1
23-12-2003, 06:45 PM
My ex pride and joy

shano
23-12-2003, 07:28 PM
yeap pretty sure iv'e seen that fine beast driving around! our area ;D

mackmauler
23-12-2003, 07:38 PM
This is the landy, :D

landy1
23-12-2003, 07:44 PM
series 3 or stage one, thats what mine looked like before i go to it ;D
cheers
Mick
P.S. Shano which bit of sunnybank are you in, im up near the Pick and PAy

MICHAELG
24-12-2003, 04:31 AM
Rob

I think of I have seen yors around Jindaleea few times, you live or visiting

Gibbo

Reefmaster
24-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Hey Landy1
i hope this makes you feel a bit better. i know exactly how you feel.
I had a 2 door LC Torana which was built for more Drag Racing but was still Street Registed. Took over 5 years to build and more then 30 Grand just for the car then another 17 grand for the engine. Engine was 400 Chev with more then 600 HP . I soon blew the engine up doing a total of 12 grand Damage.BUGGER :'( :'( :'( Having just had a house built and needing to finish it i had to sell the baby much to my regets. Got 17 and half for it, less motor and Gearbox . I will buy it back one day ,well thats what i keep telling myself ;D
Cheers Greg

Reefmaster
24-12-2003, 04:48 AM
the baby

agnes_jack
24-12-2003, 09:34 AM
Reefmaster
Nice looking beastie, I bet that hurt selling it.

My condolences Tony [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=end.gif]

Reefmaster
24-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Tony i think i was almost in tears just writing that post :'( but my Fishing keeps me very Happy and amused. ;D

mackmauler
24-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Mick, Reel Hard will be impressed with the tyre placement ;D I like to see where im going, nothings safe when im driving a landy lol, gibbo, yeah i live out that way and play golf at the local when i cant fish.

spike2
24-12-2003, 01:07 PM
l to am sulking about the departure of my beloved fairlane have to make room for my beloved cyclone

xxxxhornet
24-12-2003, 01:27 PM
How about an old cars chat! ;D I'm actually thinking of buying a landy for beach and island trips but cant ndecide whther to do it or not.......whats the pros and cons of owning a landy?

mackmauler
24-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Spike, what a beauty :o youd be quiet the style master in that pink skirt driving that ;D

XXXX, the landy rego says "panel van" enough room in the back for all the gear and you can still swing a cat ;D

deb
24-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Shed a tear when my favourite boat went yesterday :)
Still think of the replacement :D :D :D

Big_Kev
24-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Mick the shovels are missing from the front gaurds.
The jerry cans and kangaroo jack from the back.
Water bag from the bullbar.
And the paint is to shiny.
Sacreledge...
You need to get another one for another go.

Big_Kev
24-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Hornet the pro's and con's of Landy's is that you either love em or hate em.
Those that have em and rave about em are usualy ex army or have an influence along those lines.
Parts are cheap and there is a lot you can do with them if you are mechanincaly inclined, so they can be a lot of fun.
However there are lot of old 4x4 around cheap , it will just depend on which way you are inclined. Toyota, Jeep, Landy, Suzuki, etc.
Cheers Kev

landy1
24-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Kev
The axe and spade mount are safe in the garage as are a couple of other rare bits. The paint is enamel fence paint put on with a brush ;) She definately looks better in the photo. It was originally a hard top very similar to Mackmaulers.
Landy pros - go anywhere, cant kill em with a big stick, fix em with wire and wood, dont rust in panels, tows 3 ton, no speeding tickets ;) scares the hell out of rice burners
LAndy cons - no air conditioning, arnt enough of them
cheers
mick

Big_Kev
25-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Enamel fence paint put on with the brush thats application is straight from the aservice manual.
Good to see you have surconded all the important bits for the garage.
And the canvas top is the finishing touch.
Cheers Kev.

bugman
30-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Mick Mick Mick

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE #[smiley=end.gif] [smiley=end.gif] [smiley=end.gif]

After reading your post today I had to quitely slip over to the RE and have a ceremonial toast in memory of another fine old girl passing on.

I think you need to look further afield than the Series II shorty. The new Defender 90 Extreme is being released in Australia. Looks fun.

Have a look at this page to see what can be done to (with) them:

http://www.yellowdefender.com/

Just to keep up with Tradition mine's booked in to have some maintenence done on her next week.

Bugman

shano
30-12-2003, 12:08 PM
hi landy so your up pick 'n' pay end hey ....im hellawell rd end!

shano
30-12-2003, 12:16 PM
hmm i had a dear old car that i had to give up to make way for a family car!it was a 1972 datto 1600! took me 2.5 years to build! which included totally cutting the ass end off and welding a new one on as it was rusted to bits!~ cut all other rust out and all dints removed! wacked a nice coat of burgandy/maroon type paint on her then was time for some ralley inspired suspension! went to pedders $1500 later mmmmmmmm nice !then the motor! 2.4ltr stroker had 13-1 compression running avgas! cost me a fair packet !was very lucky to have sponsors at the time from my time racing speedway they helped with all machine work!anyway on went some nice new mags and entered it in the burnout comps at archerfield speedway and was undefeated in my class! took out points and some nice trophies! about 2months later missus fell pregnant so had to sell for family car :'( damn i miss that car and if i had the chance would buy it back at an instant! this was 4 years ago now! just thought i would add that!