PDA

View Full Version : ANY MEMBERS FROM NORTH QLD?

sclmarine
27-12-2003, 02:50 AM
I need to urgently locate a large vessel that probably is in the Innisfail area.. but may be anywhere. It is called 'WARUNDA".. a large red fishing mothership (ex tug abt 30.00 meters long) that came from Cairns some time ago. So, if any members may have any info about this boat, or have seen it somewhere (it is a bit hard to miss!) it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kris

Brett_Hoskin
28-12-2003, 06:17 PM
HAve,nt seen it in MAckay

krazyfisher
28-12-2003, 06:21 PM
is it all red ? I did see a orange toped pro boat in the river at rocky

sclmarine
28-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Many thanks guys. The "WARUNDA" is a pretty big boat... over 100ft long and about 250 tons. There is one similar size in the river at Rocky on a mooring... an old tug named "ASCENSION", though I hear that that one is in pretty sad repair.
WARUNDA is red hulled (or at least it was) with white superstructure, a converted tug now to mothership.

Kris

TimNQ
30-12-2003, 03:42 AM
My friend was local to innisfail last year and we go up there quite often and he seems pretty sure he has seen it. Seen it docked down the end of the esplanade, not the boat ramp end.
Tim

sclmarine
30-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Many thanks. Should be interesting. I had heard a rumour that it may have been there....

bungie
30-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Was it knicked from you ??

sclmarine
30-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Its a longish story... but yes you could say that.

The vessel is legally owned by my company and possession of it was incorrectly given by a Port Authority to an unknown party. This has, now been clarified, much I guess to their upset.
Since then, we believe that it may have changed hands.. more than once. We are the lawful owners, have all the title docs etc and also the responsibility and liability for it. Now, after further developments we have little choice other than to find it / serve the nec paperwork and repo it.

cheers,

Kris

sclmarine
31-12-2003, 08:38 AM
WARUNDA FOUND!!!! Many thanks to all who looked at this... the vessel was located this morning... hidden in CAIRNS!
The little ****** who had possession of it ran away a while ago probably when he heard that we were looking for it.
Another one for the scrap heap! (I should go into the artificial reef buisiness...)

Once again, thanks

Kris