PDA

View Full Version : Seeking person who fishes Fitz River / Rocky

sclmarine
30-12-2003, 12:51 PM
I am looking for someone who regularly fishes or is around the Town Reaches of the Fitzroy River @ Rockhampton. There is a old, derelict looking boat moored there ("ASCENSION") that we have purchased for restoration / or demolition. Bought "sight unseen".. so anyone who could send / post a pic of it would be much appreciated.
If there is someone who could keep an eye on it... if they happen to be around and let me know if they notice anything unusual, particularly if it seems to be dragging its mooring, I would be happy to pay a few $ for expenses.

Local_Guy
30-12-2003, 01:31 PM
where in the river is it located. i live at yeppoon and vary rarely go to rocky, but if i remember while i'm up there next i'll take a photo.. assuming i can find it. hehehe.

freefish
31-12-2003, 06:17 AM
Hi, Saw your boat 28/12/03. You're right it is in a sorry state. Anchored at the downstream end of the town reaches mid river. You will have to watch this time of the year as the city releases large volumes of water from the barrage if there is rain. Too much rain & they open the gates & the river runs high & fast or else floods. Should be in R'ton again about 8/01. Will take a photo & post then. Bill

sclmarine
31-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Many thanks... well it should not be there for too much longer. Prepping boats for a tow to Innisfail. I will look forward to the pics.. (shock horror no doubt!)

TimNQ
31-12-2003, 11:46 AM
What is it that you do kris? if you dont mind me asking. Boat restorer?
Tim

sclmarine
31-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Boat wrecker more like it! No anything where there may be a few $ to be made... even in scrapping the damm things. Also have charter boats.