PDA

View Full Version : bag limits

corza85
27-12-2003, 01:35 PM
does anyone know the size limits and bag limits of saltwater fish in nsw . if so could u please post them.. i am going down to my uncles property on the clarence river for 2 weeks..

cheers................corza

Lucky_Phill
28-12-2003, 03:29 AM
That's a good question ! Do they have fish in NSW ? ;D

see what we can do. !

Phill

Lucky_Phill
28-12-2003, 03:31 AM
information-advisory@fisheries.nsw.gov.au

send these guys an email. should be answered asap.

Cheers Phill

corza85
28-12-2003, 04:15 AM
thanx heaps phill.. i am going to send em an email and see what happens.

cheers...............corza

Gazza
28-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Corsa , what possible EXCUSE could you have to fish NSW :o ;D ;D ;D

Mate ,here's a handy link to 'add to favorites(sp?) ;) '

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/rec/gen/anglers_kit.htm

p.s. can you 'attempt/try' to see if one of those 1/2 price RFL's for the Tweed Area? i.e. $2.50 for 3 days , are actually available?
(no need to buy it ,but maybe a note of "where" you can.)

corza85
28-12-2003, 05:31 AM
thanx heaps gazza. that website gave me all the info i needed.

RFL's...what the... what is a rfl mate and i will see what i can do

cheers.................corza

gif
28-12-2003, 06:23 AM
R ecreational
F ishing
L icence

- let us know how you go!

cheers
Gary

Gorilla_in_Manila
28-12-2003, 06:40 AM
Corza,
I see someone has given you the right link for the bag limits already. If you are planning to go onto the beaches around that way, there is a new Clarance valley shire permit you need to go onto some of the beaches. Also there is the $6 a day entry fee to go into NSW national parks if you don't have a year pass.
Depends on what you are chasing, you might be better to head inland rather than toward the mouth. Think they are still waiting the big flush of rain to get the fish down from the upper reaches.
Good luck,
Cheers,
Jeff
PS here is a link to fishing reports from down that way. They normally update it every friday, but looks like they might have had a day off yesterday.

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/reports/Fishing-reports/nsw/nswreport.html

jockey
28-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Make sure you get a licence and help support recreational fishing. You can get a 3 day, 12 month or three year licence. You are required by law to have one.

Gazza
28-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Gee Jock ,you forgot to mention the 30day/1 mth. one ::)

So to visit his Uncle ,for a couple of weeks ,each year, will cost him $10.00 to cover himself "IF he has a desire to fish" with his Uncle......

Gee ,can't wait for the 'fresh Air' tax ,to kick in ;)

corza85
29-12-2003, 07:54 AM
yeah no worries about the fishing licence.. my uncle has already got that sorted out with the local tackle shop for me..

thanx for everyones replies.. all the information helped alot..

cheers.........corza

wombat45
30-12-2003, 04:51 PM
:o ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::)
If you are on a Pension you don't need a licence to fish in N.S.W.that information I got fron the N.S.W. fisheries dept.
Wombat.

banshee
30-12-2003, 05:20 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that some blokes think nothing of pissing fifty bucks plus away on a Friday night,but ask them to cough up two bucks a week (1 year license) to improve their fisherie and it's the end of the world as they know it.

Gazza
31-12-2003, 06:21 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that some blokes think nothing of pissing fifty bucks plus away on a Friday night,but ask them to cough up two bucks a week (1 year license) to improve their fisherie and it's the end of the world as they know it.

;D ,yeah mate we do things different up here....... ::)
we just fine a 140 holidaying 'NSW'ers $7500 each for skinning a fish...... :P makes us a quick $million ,and we go piss most of it up at the pub!! ;D

Banshee ,isn't it funny :D , that NSW'ers who DO pay ,aren't allowed to use a castnet for bait 8)

Regards
Gazza :D

basserman
31-12-2003, 08:22 AM
also if your under 16 years you do not need the RFL

but come on guys theres plenty of fish in nsw you just need to know where to look

basserman
31-12-2003, 08:25 AM
who needs cast nets when you have mullet traps, bait jigs or yabbie pumps!

you only need a cast net for when there is too many bities in the water

Gazza
31-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Catching "PRAWNS" would be a bugga!! ;D
http://www.ausfish.com.au/castnet/castnet2.wmv
http://www.ausfish.com.au/castnet/castnet1.wmv

:D "Eat your bait" :P

Patto
31-12-2003, 02:01 PM
AH!! corza thats gods country for fishen, i will be up there again this year in March fishin the whole 3 weeks. Now thats life.

patto

banshee
31-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Yep,you's Queenslanders have got us there,plenty more fish up your way than down here,but with you blokes loseing your spots and us loseing our pro fishermen it will be interesting to see what happens,ten years will probably see you blokes fishing stocked impoundments or designated fishless holes some where in the ocean side by side with the pros while we reap the benifits of a bit of foresight.
Gazza,when I was a kid we used to get shit loads of prawns using a scoop net and a tilley lamp wading the shallows at Windang.

basserman
31-12-2003, 03:57 PM
i'v lived in nsw for about 20 years now and never had too much trouble catching a bass or bream or spanish or cobia or tuna or tailor ect ect.

but i too can remember catching prawn with scoops hell might need to dust it of again now the pros are gone! :-X