PDA

View Full Version : M & G Townsville - Cancelled - see NQ M&G

Barrymundi
09-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Over the last few years I have had the pleasure of making friends with fishos from this website who live around Townsville.

Not sure on the numbers, but I am willing to put my hand up to arrange a M & G for the Townsville area Ausfish members and friends.

Maybe later even a fishing trip, depending on boats and numbers, Reef, Sail Fish or Barramundi or Jacks or……. #;D

If you are interested post a reply and we will see by the response if a M & G is worth arranging. I would really hate being at a M & G by myself #:-[

Regards

Alan
Saturday 7th Feb 4:00pm Townsville Motor Boat and Yacht Club

Dr_Dan
09-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Gday alan, sounds like an awsome idea. I'll be back in townsville as of mid feb for uni. Would be a great opportunity to meet some other fishos in the area. Let us know how you go with replies etc.

Cheers
Dan [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

TimNQ
09-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Very interested, always keen on meeting fellow fishos around here and maybe swapping some hot spots and info. Put roosta down as a yes also, he'll be keen.
Tim

Touchy - R.I.P.
09-01-2004, 09:35 AM
G'Day Alan,I'm sure Webby will put his hand up,once he finds his way 'outta Wasp Crk. ::)Townsville would be a breeze. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

SNELLY
09-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Al,

Good Idea - Just a suggestion- what about we have a get together at say Cardwell and then the Cairns crew can join in as well and meet half way

JON

TimNQ
09-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Thats a good idea, maybe we can wet a line at hinchinbrook while we are there. ;D ::)

SNELLY
09-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Mad if we don't

Should make a weekend of it

TimNQ
09-01-2004, 12:13 PM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

NQCairns
09-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Cardwell sounds like a ripper idea [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]nq

krazyfisher
09-01-2004, 01:08 PM
townsville sounds good but cardwell might make it a bit to far. dont forget there are some people south of townsville

craigie
09-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Great Idea Guy's :D :D

Depending on the date (not too soon) , I may even try to work it into my next holiday and tow the new rig North to join you (I'm based in Bris Vegas).
Hmm, Turkey Beach, Stanage Bay, Prossie Dam and Offshore Reefs, Hinchinbrook and offshore Reefs and then the same going back again :o ::) ;D.
Who knows we may even get ourselves a "Convoy" !!!! (only if that's o.k. naturally)

Cheers
Craigie.

TimNQ
09-01-2004, 02:55 PM
I think cardwell is the best place. For the people south of townsville and north of cairns, maybe if it was planned a couple months in advance so you could prepare yourselves for the trip. Its a long way for everyone but its nice and central and good fishing aswell, unlike most of townsville.
Tim

Bad_Bubby
09-01-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm interested but Like Dr_Dan I won't be down that way until mid-Feb

krazyfisher
09-01-2004, 05:31 PM
what part of queensland would it include if the numbers and people locations where known it would be better i.e how many people north of t'ville and how many south as t'ville is half way between mackay and cairns and still further north if you are taking rocky into it. keep us all upto date would like to get there if I am able. Oh one other thing if people are going to travel might as well have a fish.
p.s. mid to late feb sounds good

Mad_Barry
09-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Sounds good Alan, if all go's well with shuffling work, kids, dogs, cats, weather & tides ;D , I'm up for either an arvo for a beer or a weekend fish somewhere.

(I'm in T'ville).

Barrymundi
10-01-2004, 03:50 AM
WOW,

Cardwel , Cairns and Rocky.

Bigger than I thought for the first time.

All I was thinking was a few drinks on a Saturday Afternoon at the Townsville Motor Boat and Yacht Club at South Townsville................

Then..............next one, go fishing

krazyfisher
10-01-2004, 04:02 AM
would like to catch up for a drink but as much as enjoy a drink 4 and half hrs is too much driving might be able to do it for a fish but. another idea is airlie areagood wheather the islands bad wheather prossy dam any more than 4hrs from mackay is a bit far for me.

nonibbles
10-01-2004, 05:19 AM
Count me in!
Cardwell's probably about as far north as I can do and probably Bowen to the South. #I live in Townsville and could probably accomodate an out of towner at my place (gotta apease missus first so I better not make promises!)
PM me with details.

TimNQ
10-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Hey i was thinking, Since there is alot of interest to the south aswell maybe i could try and organise a weekend at the inlaws creek hut at the barratas, has beds setup allready for about 15 people with plenty more room inside and in the downstairs section. Setup like a house, kitchen facilitys and toilet and shower, allthough you do have to be sparing with the water if hasnt been raing much. Boat ramp is about 300 metres away and access is at all tides. Access the huts in any car unless its a huge tide then the dips may be running over. A shop is about 25 mins away and ayr is about half hour away. mouth of the river is less than km from the ramp. Some good fishing down there. Anyhow just a suggestion if you's want to do it.
Tim

NQCairns
10-01-2004, 06:02 AM
:o :o [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]Tim where is the barratas?

TimNQ
10-01-2004, 06:08 AM
Its a creek running just north of ayr.

Doomy
10-01-2004, 06:11 AM
The Barrata's is about 60klm South of Townsville.

You cross three bridges on the highway East,Middle and West Barrata.

Regards
Doomy

nonibbles
10-01-2004, 06:31 AM
If I remember rightly, Balgal Beach/Rollingstone has camping/caravan park right next to boat ramp and fisherman's landing. #I remember going there as a kid with my dad in a family fishing day about the time Mystic Sands was opened up. Had all the facilities to cope and good access to islands and shoals. The only thing I've read about the area since is that there's no camping allowed down on the grassy area to the right of the shop now (oh and whiteman's website) Could this be a good venue... Whiteman??

whiteman
10-01-2004, 07:58 AM
Big Al, who needs a reason for a beer but this sounds like an excellent idea. I'm in. If you set a date for drinks I'll be there (that makes two of us). We could then plan a fishing weekend as it appears there is interest.

Nonibbles suggest a camp at Balgal Beach. This suits me very well of course and the free camping facilities are good and we would be entertained by Dick from the Landing and the creek is all weather or there is always golf nearby if the wind howls up. However, I'm into camping these days so anywhere would be OK with me..

TimNQ
10-01-2004, 08:09 AM
If I remember rightly, Balgal Beach/Rollingstone has camping/caravan park right next to boat ramp and fisherman's landing. #I remember going there as a kid with my dad in a family fishing day about the time Mystic Sands was opened up. #Had all the facilities to cope and good access to islands and shoals. # The only thing I've read about the area since is that there's no camping allowed down on the grassy area to the right of the shop now (oh and whiteman's website) Could this be a good venue... Whiteman??

mmm palm island trip maybe eh..eh. ;D
So many good ideas fellers, its gonna be hard to decide, but rollingstone would be closer than hinchinbrooke for people to the south, and closer than ayr for the people from cairns, so maybe rollingstone is the best place. I guess it depends on how far people want to go and what the point of the trip is. I dont think to many people are going to want to travell a few hours by road just to have a couple of drinks.
Tim

Barrymundi
10-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Ok
I consulted the other half of the committee (thanks whiteman)

Date & Time
Saturday 7th Feb 4:00pm -CANCELLED

SNELLY
10-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Whiteman

How dare you mention Golf

Do you know what Golf is for ????

PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NQCairns
10-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Ok

Date & Time
Saturday 7th Feb 4:00pm

Townsville Motor Boat and Yacht Club, Plume St South Townsville

Purpose
Meeting for a few drinks and planning of a fishing trip

Hi Alan is that the meet n greet in question or the pre work some ideas out one??

For me to travel 8h plus return I would normally need 2 nights minumum (so get 1 full day) and the opportunity to get in a heap of fishing.
Why dont we all decide on a good old fashioned get together with tents in a circle and water at our door, will make for a blast of a w'end. The balgal beach idea sounds really good! nq

whiteman
10-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Snelly

That's why I occassionally play golf.

TimNQ
10-01-2004, 10:08 AM
I agree with you nq, noone is going to want to travell just for an arvo drink. Why cant the organising of a trip be done here? If we did this trip we could fish the day away and get to know one another better over some drinks and a barby at night. Instead of 2 separate meetings which are really only accomodating people from townsville.
Tim

krazyfisher
10-01-2004, 10:15 AM
yep I am with you 4 1/2 hours is too far for a drink and atleast online we can all have some imput but still its great someone is putting it together so dont want to stand on any toes

Barrymundi
10-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Good to see Tim NQ has volunteered to arrange a fishing trip

Good to see NQCairns is arranging a M & G in Cairns

This posting is for a Townsville M & G

It is for a few drinks and to arrange a fishing trip. So far we have 4 Ausfish members who are coming.

We will post the details of the trip on this website and those who want to come can decide then. You dont need to be at the Drinks on the 7th to come to the fishing trip.

TimNQ
10-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Good to see Tim NQ has volunteered to arrange a fishing trip

Good to see NQCairns is arranging a M & G in Cairns

This posting is for a Townsville M & G

It is for a few drinks and to arrange a fishing trip. So far we have 4 Ausfish members who are coming.

We will post the details of the trip on this website and those who want to come can decide then. You dont need to be at the Drinks on the 7th to come to the fishing trip.

No need to get feisty im just trying to point out that there is alot more interest than in this pissy little town. Why not allow outsiders to join in, why cant it be called FNQ M&G. and i also think everyone should have imput as to what is happening. Im not trying to take over what you are doing but i think if you could listen to what people wanted instead of just putting down dates and expecting that everyone can be ready and without plans the day you mentioned. Atleast if its worked out here every one can put there ideas accross. I dont know about what others do but i travel as far as cairns and whitsundays regurly for fishing and i think it would be good to meet up with fellow fisherman then aswell as while im in townsville. I know you are organising it but if its work that you are worried about then shit yea i can help out. Its not as if we are trying to move mountains. ::) Just organising a weekend outing.

Dr_Dan
10-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Still interested alan, but as i said before, i won't be back in Tville till mid feb. If possible, keep us posted on any future events, either for a drink or a fish.

Cheers

Dan [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Barrymundi
10-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Good idea Tim, always looking for good ideas

Please advise where you would like to meet:
a. Cairns
b. Tully
c. Cardwell
d. Lucinda
e. Balgal
f. Townsville
g. Haughton
e. Ayr
g. Proserpine
h. Whitsunday

Please advise prefered fishing

a. Creek BAIT
b. Creek Lure
c. Shoals
d. Reef
e. Freshwater
g. Land based
h. Barra Farm

Please advise prefered accommodation:
a. Tent
b. Cabin
c. Motel
e. Boat

Please advise a date between now and say the end of February when you would like to meet.

TimNQ
10-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Hmm is there a way we can put up a poll?
Tim

SNELLY
10-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Now we are getting too many choices - we should aim at keeping most people happy most of the time not all the people all the time.

What about Cardwell - Because you can fish the Reef, Islands and The Channel with Fly, Lure or bait

- Its in between Cairns and Townsville - Not trying to leave you out on purpose Krazyfisher or anyone else south of Townsville #just as I said trying to keep as many as possible happy

- Stay at Sunrise Village - Plenty of room for Boats and you can Camp or Stay in a unit

P.S. looking forward to seeing $2- in the flesh or whatever you have named her , AL

NQCairns
10-01-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah, there is one half organised (see going fishing page) the intro's will be held at the boat ramp before heading out ;D then straight into the fun stuff. #
So what about designing a NQ & FNQ meet n greet somewhere full of fun for a weekend so those that travel are into it from the start. Someone want to start a new post??
So who's up for organising it with a post?Tim? #Nq

Mad_Barry
10-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Hmm is there a way we can put up a poll?
Tim

that or we get someone to knock up an access data base :o ;D ;D

Alan, 1 each of the above options please.... but please add Creek -Fly, we cant discriminate now can we :o ;D

Seriously, I'll go with the flow ;D & will make it if I can, have a few kids things on weekends in feb, but should make it for a beer on the 7th.

krazyfisher
10-01-2004, 02:57 PM
just let it be known I too am happy to go with the flow ;D

TimNQ
10-01-2004, 03:49 PM
I can do that. Would people rather this be a separate townsville m&g and we do a NQ m&g separate?

I think snelly has hit the nail on the head with his post.

TimNQ
11-01-2004, 03:50 AM
Ok

Date & Time
Saturday 7th Feb 4:00pm

Townsville Motor Boat and Yacht Club, Plume St South Townsville

Purpose
Meeting for a few drinks and planning of a fishing trip

For more info my number is 0418 778 620. This is open to kids, and even wifes #;D

Alan

Ok well lets leave this as original plan and organise a separate nq trip. Sorry again alan i just thought it would be better with some more people but if there is one organised in townsville it will be easier for us to organise trips and we could prolly do them more often.
I will put up a poll to see where people want to go, if anywhere. See you's on the 7th.
Tim

Barrymundi
13-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Please use the NQ M&G Post for arranging a M & G

The Townsville M & G 7 Feb at the TMBYC is cancelled