PDA

View Full Version : Hello there !!

MATT_HAYES
16-01-2004, 07:06 AM
Hello there from Scotland,just joined today ...

jaybee
16-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Welcome matt, i am sure you will enjoy hours of virtual fishing from the site and meet some top guys in the process.
cheers
Joe.

freddo
16-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Hey matt hows it goin

kerri
16-01-2004, 07:58 AM
hi matt
i have just joined today as well
i am female and love fishing. hope you enjoy the site
kerri

merv
16-01-2004, 08:19 AM
hi matt and welcome to the site, tell us what species of fish do you fish for and where do you fish, streams,or sea ,what is the fishing like?merv [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

DaneCross
16-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Gday Matt and Kerri,
Always good to see new members joining. This is a great site where you get to learn a bunch, aswell as share your own pieces of knowledge/experiences. Look forward to reading your input.
Dane

agnes_jack
16-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Welcome aboard Matt and Kerri
Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.

Regards Tony

Hutcho
16-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the Ausfish "family" Matt and Kerri. This site will provide you with more insight and knowledge into your fishing that you have probably estimated (although Matt I'm not sure what how much knowledge can be thrown your way on Scottish fiahing!?). There are some very experienced fisher-people who contribute to this site from all over the place, and everyone is willing to share their knowlege with you, so don't be afraid to ask! Look forward to seeing a couple of your posts each.

Hope you enjoy it!!

Hutch.

Brissyguy
16-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Welcome aboard Matt and Kerri

I only joined this site (more like a club) a few months ago myself.
The team of people (members) are a really great bunch with many years of fishing experience.
The owner and moderators are also a great bunch.
I am sure you will fit in well, as they say... the more the merrier.

Cheers,
Rich.

Zeeke
16-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Matt Hayes from the Pictured Radio box??

Tim

MATT_HAYES
16-01-2004, 01:16 PM
hi matt and welcome to the site, tell us what species of fish do you fish for and where do you fish, streams,or sea ,what is the fishing like?merv [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

I fish mostly large ponds or lochs,not rivers yet!!!,& tried sea fishing once last year nr Berwick Upon Tweed but with no success.I fish mostly for Pike,Roach & Perch with dead bait or worms/maggots.My fishing is not bad but needs improvement & i caught a fair amount last year.I have stopped for now due to dark nights,cold weather & working 6 days a week but will be under way in the spring around march.Weather temperature just now is around 3 degrees celcius on average at the moment.

jeffo
16-01-2004, 02:09 PM
ausfish a club!! :o hey stave have you put any thought into that? taking the site to the next level? just a thought. hi to the newbies ;D

jeffo
16-01-2004, 02:19 PM
stave? :-/ :-X ;D i mean steve. sorry mate.

Gorilla_in_Manila
16-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Jeffo, look in the top right hand corner of the message box. Steve put a helpful little button called "Modify" for just such occassions.

Kerri Welcome. Any photos of your fishing exploits to date? You may love fishing, but I gotta ask, do you bait your own hooks? ;D

Matt Welcome.
Saw a UK tackle website that had all these weird and wonderful clips and contraptions for long distance casting in the ocean. If you know anyone there that uses the stuff, would appreciate some pics and / or some comments on their usefullness. Planning on trying my own bodgy version when I manage to get reunited with my fishing gear.

Cheers,
Jeff

jeffo
16-01-2004, 03:02 PM
hehe. jeff i have seen that button but was easier to scroll down and retype ;D

DaneCross
16-01-2004, 03:09 PM
jeff (gorilla), might wanna use that button to add another 'r' to 'keri' :-X :-X

Gorilla_in_Manila
16-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Ha ha DC, cheers. Done.

kerri
17-01-2004, 07:41 AM
hi gorilla, i do it all i bait my own hook and i take the fish off and i gut and scale it all myself what is the point of going if my husband does it all but catch it it wouldn't be fair claiming the catch if all i did was hook it and bring it in. thanks for the confidence

Gorilla_in_Manila
17-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Just jokes Kerri, good to hear. #;D
My wife does not seem to have the same concerns about the amount of work required for claiming the catch. Winding in and photo opportunity are the two skills of fishing she has mastered so far and I'm a bit worried that she believes that to be enough. Casting is our next little project. When she masters that, I may actually be able to throw a line in myself at the same time. ;)
Cheers,
Jeff

kerri
17-01-2004, 08:47 AM
just be patient and she will get the hang of it one thing from my learning expirence is if she thinks she can do it and you don't, let her have a go anyway.espeacilly river fishing and you think she will over cast and get tangled just think it will be great when she learns and you can BOTH fish together.

fishsmith
17-01-2004, 09:23 AM
welcome aboard kerri great to finally see a fishing chick on the chat board should be more of you, as i know there are a lot of fishergirls out there.Look forward to hearing from you well into the future.

Also welcome Matt i hope you enjoy this site as there are some great people as members, it was interesting checking out some of the sites for the UK, that you listed.I used to be into a bit of coarse fishing myself when i lived in Adelaide (south Australia)however now that i have moved up to Townsville in Queensland it all livebait and lure fishing and i must admit i am having a ball.It would be great to see any fishing pictures from up that way,and if ever you get the chance to come Downunder for a bit of a fish and some sun, give us a bell and you can swag out in my spare room....

cheers Smithy............... ;D

MATT_HAYES
17-01-2004, 01:10 PM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]