PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Pine River

Blue_Escape
21-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Hi, just recently moved to Mango Hill. Interested in getting some "local" info on fishing the Pine River. I have a tinny and 3 kids for crew! Any help on techniques, baits, spots, tides etc. would be greatly appreciated. ???

merv
21-01-2004, 01:09 PM
hi and welcome to redcliffe,the best advice i can give you is to go to hiway bait &tackle down on the esp,near the boat ramp and they have mud maps of the pine &hays inlet,kev the owner will always put you onto a spot.one good bit of advice if you put crab pots in never, never leave them in overnight ,and stay near them.hope you and yours get into a few.merv

Hutcho
21-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Hi Blue Escape,
If you go down to "Bears" at Dohles Rocks, they will be able to ffer you some great advice (plus maps) on where the best fishing spots are. I'm sure if you buy some bait or tackle they won't mind at all. They have been there for years and years and you often see Bear himself on Brownies with good catches from the Pine River. Deep Water bend and under the Bruce Highway bridge have been good spots int he past, as had the other direction under the Hornibrook H'way. Good spots for whiting and lizards up there.

tight lines
hutcho

Brissyguy
21-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Welcome Blue...

I to am new to the area, just moved to Murrumba Downs.
Dont have a boat anymore so will be landlocked for a while til I can afford another boat.

Damn I miss Bribie and the bay already :'(

Cheers, Brissy.