PDA

View Full Version : where are the girls

kerri
17-01-2004, 10:42 AM
hi i am only new on here but going thru all the topics and stuff i can't find any other females surely i am not the only female here please let me know if there are others not that i mind being in a room full of the best blokes in the world (fishermen)all by my self.

DaneCross
17-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi Kerri, check the topic, "Poll: Are we all men", should answer your question. I just posted in it to bring it back to the front of General Chat.
DC

basserman
17-01-2004, 11:10 AM
my wife use's my profile but she does chat sometimes (when she's not fishing :P)

kerri
17-01-2004, 11:15 AM
thats great i am glad there are a few females in here as it is a predominate male sport but females can and are able to have as much skill at it as males i am not as good as my husband but in our fishing club i have won a few end of year club championships which i am very proud of

basserman
17-01-2004, 11:23 AM
nice to see another new south wales person on here also kerri i'm from east of you port mac

my wife sone and i aren't in a club but just love fishing for all sort of things but she must say she loves the suprise of bottom bashing the most

but i have been able to get her to cast a few lures and even snar the odd fish doing it

but whats the saying a family that fishes together stays together!

here a bit of incogament for ya but
a young 11 year old girl landed a small (60kg) black mariln in this years golden lure at port macquarie just another female showing us males how to do it!

Lucky_Phill
17-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Yes Kerri, it does seem a little lopsided here. But that's the way it is. If this was a kniting site , maybe the gals would outnumber the girls.

I know fishing isn't a man's sport, but it appears it is his domain.

Having said that, I'm sure all of us here would like to see more gals putting their 2 cents worth in on hot topics as well as pics of their catchs and reports. Even a girls / womans point of view can be interesting reading.

Make sure you post replies to topics that interest you, or even if you have an opinion !

Cheers Phill

Big time in your town soon, Kerri !

Yeeha !

Big_Kev
17-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Render is a girl.

Gorilla_in_Manila
17-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Render is a girl.

With hairy forearms holding a flathead. :-/ ;D

Gazza
17-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Hey ,we can't tell the bloody sex of fish with no tish..
what chance working out a 'mermaid' ,like what to do :-X

starfish_girl
17-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey,
After 9 months of my boyfriend discovering this site I decided to sign up and see for myself what its about (I do a little bit of fishing myself) and I have to say I havent seen many females either, fishing isnt a male dominating sport/recreation...come on chickies stick up for ya selves........ :-*

Captian_Zero
17-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Render is also 103 years old according to her profile.

103 year old Englishwoman? Maybe the queen mum didn't die. Maybe she just moved to the Tweed to chase flatties! ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

CZ

Big_Kev
17-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Nah Render came here to get away from those whinging Pommy bxxtards.
At least render came to senses and came to the good country.

Jaye
21-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Hi kerri, I joined a few months ago but have only just decided to start posting in here...........so, now there's another new girl on the block! [smiley=laola.gif]

SteveCan
21-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi Jaye,

Long time - no chat! Welcome aboard and hope to see more posts from you. We don't get much of a mexicans viewpoint in here so it's a good mix - a girl and a Victorian!

Cheers
Steve :)

jaybee
21-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Girls? Ladies you are all welcome, the more the merrier :) and some input is really valued by some of us males, now all i need to do is find myself a woman,mmmm who likes fishing #:-X but then #???
cheers
Joe.

imnotoriginal
21-01-2004, 05:08 PM
A woman...who likes fishing...and me...now that's asking a bit much... ;D
Joel

jaybee
21-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Joel if u that ugly u not going in my boat :-X ;D
Joe.

drevil
22-01-2004, 03:16 AM
So Phill, tell me, what's the URL for that knitting site?

Is that where the Ausfish beanies came from, Steve's own little sweat shop?

Jaye
22-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Hiya SteveCan, I do remember you from another place, how are ya?

........and you other guys crack me up! knitting site! [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

kerri
22-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi jaye
its great to see women on here i think starfish_girl you and me are gonna give these guys a reality check on their male point of views i only wish i was closer so i could go out and kick (some not all , not that good but sure i would out fish some) thier buts at the meet and greet.cheers
kerri
p.s did you see the great new range of clothes at rockmans just kidding guys lol

Jaye
22-01-2004, 11:11 AM
hiya kerri, yes butt kicking sounds like fun to me! ;D ;D

ps...Rockmans? You gusy have no idea where to get the trendy stuff, do ya??? Sportsgirl or Myer would be my choice! ;)