PDA

View Full Version : so many people

spike2
21-01-2004, 05:07 PM
dont think l have ever seen so many people on this site must be somthing fishy going on ;D

imnotoriginal
21-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Boom Boom Ching!
Joel

imported_admin
22-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Spike the day and time with the most people online at once was 1:43pm on 19th Jan with 109 but I think yesterday beat it with the total on the board for the day.

I have upgraded the server twice in the last 6 months to handle the increase in traffic on the site. New members are still signing up at a constant rate so the daily figures should increase accordingly.

I purposly do not have any sponsors or paid advertising on the chat boards at this stage as it is funded from sales from the rest of the site. Although this may change soon but I don't want to end up in a situation where a product can not be talked about openly due to a sponsor/advertiser.

The site is ranked #2 in the Hitwise** Australia 'Sports - Fishing' industry based on number of visits.

Although this ranking only relates to Australian based visitors visiting Australian sites which currently accounts for about 45% of all traffic to the site.

**Ranking info from Hitwise
http://www.hitwise.com.au/

Barrymundi
22-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Great Site Steve,

Well done on keeping everything running smooth.

If everybody purchased a hat or a sticker (Barra Sticker looks good) maybe it would assist in funding the running costs for the site and delay the need to put advertising on the Chat rooms.

Al

Lucky_Phill
22-01-2004, 12:00 PM
I have been a member for a while now. I move in various circles ( not round and round :P ) and this " Ausfish " name keeps popping up. I am yet to hear any negative type remarks about it.

Steve holds many good products and in particular, his ' stickers ". These represent great value in dollar and quality sense.

Steve also offers this tremendously popular medium for infomation, in the Chat Board. Not only has this site helped many. many fishos, both novice and experienced, it also has opened the minds ( and tongues ) of all who peruse these pages.

His other topic areas, like Recipes, Hints and Tips, Photo Gallery etc are all of the highest standard.

Steve , himself, is a fountain of knowledge for those , like me, who are not computer literate. Helping his members, I believe , is one of his favourite passtimes ? Steve ? ( well apart from drinking ice coffee ).

You can visit some websites, dedicated to fishing, and they haven't been updated since Jesus played fullback for the Israelites. And that's really annoying. Ausfish, on the other hand, is " Up To Date ". " Up to the Minute ",Remember the ' ELFs at Xmas time ? ::) ;)

Yes ><>, I'm sure Steve would appreciate any business that came his way via Members.

Cheers Phill

jockey
22-01-2004, 01:03 PM
The forum is also the easiest to use (I like the reply box at the bottom) and quick (hope it stays that way :))