PDA

View Full Version : recos pros and the enemy

spike2
23-01-2004, 04:50 PM
as l see it
we need professional fisherman { non fishos like to eat fish }
and us recos also deserve to be able to catch a feed of fish
it is stupid the way professional and recos are fighting against each other . l beleive we should be joining forces , l know that is a lot eassier said than done but l beleive it is the way to go . the reel emeny are the people that would have fishing banned because it is cruel or bad for the environment or what ever . those in favour of a total ban must love the way the recos and pros are fighting amongst ourselves , if we suceed in removing the pros it will be one less group they have to fight . as l see it the pros and the recos need to learn to work together to acheive a common goal .l think the pros need to put a lot more back into the farm they cant just take and take similarly the recos need to put back in . this is where l think the fishing licence could play a big part .what if the licence money went into fish farms not for the farming of mature fish but for the release of 10 billion schnapper or jacks or macks or which ever fish needed a boost . if not a fish farm some other form of cooperation that those smarter than me can work out
anyway thats what this reco thinks
cheers spike

PinHead
23-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Why are most people on here in favour of a fishing license..any pollie reading this site would be saying to himself..you ripper..these rec anglers are in favour of a license..let's give them one. Then after that...a fee to use public boat ramps..then some parking meters at the ramps..the list is endless..no more Govt. money grabbing at all.

Brett_Hoskin
23-01-2004, 05:45 PM
I agree Pin head. And while I believe we all need to contribute in some way,shape or form great care needs to be given to any further possible implementation of a new tax. Remember the FED government currently have a surplus of more than 4000 million dollars.

Gazza
23-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Pinhead ,they're not 'for' an RFL , just saying spend more ,and that "poll" would be 100% to a man i.e. "would you like more funds spent on RecFishing"

Gee Brett ,same story /different post ;) , bucketloads of money wasted/invested , and bucketloads of money ,available to be spent , state and federal , and affordable ,once you peal away the typical pollie BS

Regards
Gazza

jockey
24-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Like it or not the ocean is a finite resource so we have to fight for our fair share of it. There is a huge variation in what the pros do and I see no problem with targeting those at the wrong end of the spectrum - either because of the damage they do to the environment or through competition with rec anglers.