PDA

View Full Version : Anglers' fees fund fish cleaning table

nsw_fisheries
23-01-2004, 03:40 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/gen/news/fb_04jan20_anglers.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

Gazza
23-01-2004, 05:44 AM
“Under the program, community groups are invited to apply for grants of up to $5,000 on a matching dollar for dollar basis.

“This year, a total of $20,000 is available for projects to improve recreational fishing under the freshwater trust’s small grants program, with a further $50,000 available for saltwater projects from the saltwater trust,” Mr Dunn said.

-----------------------------
Wonderful , and about a $1M /per year interest bill (owed by the RFL i.e. anglers) from the 200 pros bought out...... #>:( :o ::)

jockey
23-01-2004, 06:17 AM
Gazza I think that interest bill is for the saltwater trust compared to which the freshwater trust is relatively small. I think the income from the saltwater licence is about $8M per year so the $1M per year interest is easily managable and is probably worth it to get rid of the pros a few years earlier.

Gazza
23-01-2004, 06:29 AM
o.k. ;D
200 pro's = $1M/year interest(reducing) for about 10years to go, paid from the RFL?

Can't wait for the next round of buyouts ::) ;) , to top the 'bank' back up again , maybe the interest even went up 0.5% in the last few months ???

jockey
23-01-2004, 08:35 AM
Gazza what's the problem with paying interest if it means they can buy out the pros earlier?

Lucky_Phill
23-01-2004, 12:05 PM
I think the problem is actually ' buying out the pro's ' in the first place.

There are thousands of everyday Aussies out there that have had their jobs / livlehood taken from them due to one circumstance or another, by Govt or private ent, and they WILL NOT get Govt handouts.

If I get the chop due to Govt rule / reg changes, I join the dole que like the rest of Ansett, Telstra, One Tel, etc etc, people, and then the Govt will find ( i hope ) a job for me.

Just because you had a licence ( to rape ), NOT HARVEST, the sea, handed down to you or bought it, etc, doesn't give you the right to expect handouts when things get tough. There was no moral highground when the pro's were selling some catch on the " black market ", and putting wads of cashola in their wallets.

Gazza is on the money, NO BUY OUTS !

shoot, man, us Rec anglers have been hardest hit, but can we expect a " rebate " for the fish we can't catch now ! ?

Cheers Phill

jockey
23-01-2004, 12:50 PM
There are thousands of everyday Aussies out there that have had their jobs / livlehood taken from them due to one circumstance or another, by Govt or private ent, and they WILL NOT get Govt handouts.

If I get the chop due to Govt rule / reg changes, I join the dole que like the rest of Ansett, Telstra, One Tel, etc etc, people, and then the Govt will find ( i hope ) a job for me.

If the government reclaims part or all of your property for a freeway or other infrastructure, then they have to give you fair compensation. If the take back broadcasting rights, they have to pay fair compensation. This doesn't apply if the government merely changes the environment in which a business operates, but if it takes back an explicit licence to use a communal resource (eg fish, the electromagnetic spectrum, flight paths) then they have to compensate. This was probably written into the laws governing the licence in the first place.

Gazza
23-01-2004, 03:13 PM
If the government reclaims part or all of your property for a freeway or other infrastructure, then they have to give you fair compensation. If the take back broadcasting rights, they have to pay fair compensation. This doesn't apply if the government merely changes the environment in which a business operates, but if it takes back an explicit licence to use a communal resource (eg fish, the electromagnetic spectrum, flight paths) then they have to compensate. This was probably written into the laws governing the licence in the first place.

Jock ,do you always just have to "shit in your nest" , and make-up crap ,when you run out of FACTS....... ??? ::)

point 1. notice 'my' subject name-change ::)
point 2. The bit I underlined is relevant ,and should be addressed , because your 'remaining' comment/s are based on BS ::)

Jock ,the (NSW) Pro BUYOUT was only ,repeat ONLY ,based on VOLUNTARY WILLINGNESS of the Pro ,to "take the RFL honeypot" a.k.a. Pension Fund , you would be aware (probably not) :'( , that many other Pro's were REFUSED to be accepted ,in the gravy trail.

Yes Jock , $20M @ say 6% per year interest to buyout "some" PRO's legally , as it WAS NOT compulsory ,and I understand moved into 'allowed' areas with 'other' endorsements.

So Jock ,of course your confused , but bottom line dollars is simple ............. as follows..........

200 Voluntary PRO's i.e. NEVER 'compulsory' or required to build a highway,etc cost the anglers $20M @ 6% interest for approx. 12years , so an additional approx. $10M to Consolidated Revenue to the Gov't , who also keep ALL fines in the same log ,and never return any of it to the RFL >:( ::)

even simpler , 200 voluntary pro's cost $30M ,as a debt to the RFL 'trust' for over 10years.

Bankrupt from day 1 of the RFL, and when is the 'Compulsory' BUYOUT of Pro's going to begin in NSW..2004/05/06/2012

p.s. try to resist , just asking another question ,for the sake of saying 'nothing' ::)

jockey
24-01-2004, 09:19 AM
OK Gazza - in the estuaries that were 'bought out' did each pro have a choice or were they all bought out. I was under the impression that they were bought out as a whole, which is fine by me. You can't try to stop them going somewhere else and buying out some other pro. First of all this is a 'free country' and secondly there would still be the same number of pros on the other estuaries.