PDA

View Full Version : Whyte Is Boat Ramp Upgrade

CHRIS_aka_GWH
25-01-2004, 07:28 AM
from the Courier Mail Fri 23/01/04 Port of Brisbane Corporation advises ...

Development of a bitumen car park & new picnic area at Whyte Island Boat Ramp at the boat passage will begin on 2 February & is expected to take six weeks to complete.

Weekend access to the boat ramp facility will remain unchanged during the construction period.

However, to enable the project to be completed as quickly as possible, it will be necessary to close the boat ramp facility to the public during the week.

Access to the Whyte Island boat ramp facility will be:

Monday - Friday Boat Ramp CLOSED
Saturday - Sunday Boat Ramp OPEN

Members of the public are advised that the nearest public boat ramps to Whyte Is are the Wynnum Creek, Manly Harbour & Colmslie ramps.

For further information, please contact Bill Morley on (07) 3258 4060 or Michael Moore (07) 3258 4668.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
25-01-2004, 07:38 AM
for a few thousand bucks more from our boat regos they could put closed circuit monitoring to the water police across the road & help make it the safest boat ramp in brisbane .

chris

Gazza
25-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Wouldn't the train keep cutting the cables ??? :D :D :D

p.s. only jok'n mate , top idea [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] ,and getting rid of excuses ;)

Seems to be happening , so i'm content to "not need" an RFL ;D :-X

bobp
25-01-2004, 10:41 AM
don't tell me the goverment is finaly spending some of the millons that they have collected from boat regos. :o :o :o :o :o

need cammeras at all boat ramps then the cops mite be albe to catch the little buggers that smashed my window >:( >:(

Gazza
25-01-2004, 10:59 AM
p.s. vote for whoever helps your area 'best'

Not much money (for now i.e. overdue )but 'on the table' [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] anyways :-/

http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/ramp_jetty_funding.jpg