PDA

View Full Version : River Heads

scubapro
27-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Folks,

I am thinking about buying a block of land at River Heads in Hervey Bay.

Does anyone know anything about the area or about this development that the real estate agents are not telling me please???

Any info/rumours would be really appreciated.

Scubapro

Lucky_Phill
28-01-2004, 03:48 AM
Having been there many times , I think I am quailfied to tell you little about it.

The main developement there is called Turtle Cove. Great blocks and fantastic views. Now for the bad news. exposed mangroves most of the time allow the sandfly and mozzie population to feed at will. Maybe on the ridge area ( some great houses there with views both the the west overlooking the Mary & Susan River systems and to the East overlooking the Great Sandy Straits to Fraser Island ), is away from the pests. Certainly, anything low lying will be a problem. But, it is a fantastic place for a fisherman.

The Sandy Straits with access to Fraser and the rivers that hold Jack, Barra, Crabs etc etc. A vehicular barge departs from river heads to Kingfisher Bay. 2 boat ramps. 1 store with dear petrol. BUt, it is only 15 minutes from Hervey Bay.

you'll probably have to go there to make up your mind. Make sure you hit the place at dawn or dusk in summer, that'll be at its worst, and if you can handle that. well it only gets better in winter.

Cheers Phill

Brissyguy
28-01-2004, 03:52 AM
A Mate just bought a block there and said nobody told him about the resident Mozzie and Sandy population [smiley=furious2.gif]

He reckons the fishing will balance it all out for him though not so sure for the wife [smiley=oops.gif]

Cheers,
Rich.

SNELLY
28-01-2004, 06:11 AM
Don't think they will get too many starters from NQ with a name like that !!