PDA

View Full Version : WHY MEN HATE TAKING WOMEN FISHING

starfish_girl
17-01-2004, 04:33 PM
After a recent argument with Mr always right ::), I decided to ask him why he detests taking me fishing, his response was because us WOMEN are annoying and impatient....well sorry but isnt the whole idea of fishing to catch something of course if you've been in a boat with a hot sweaty male for 5 hours and your covered in prawn and heaven knows what else, wouldnt you be impatient if you havent caught anything....so much for Mr always right knowing the best fishing spots, rigs, lures, bait etc.....I wanna know if any other chickies or males think the same.... :-/

Gazza
17-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Nah Babe , your Mr. always right is GAY ,accept it!!

;D :P ;D :P ;D :P
Your mission ,should you choose to accept it ,is to convert him!!

Please don't send in any reports...... :P ;D :P ;D

ghost
17-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi there Starfish girl, not all of us hate them on board. Chickie babes on board are great in my opinion they can keep the bait fresh and keep the coldies coming for us and also they do a nice BBq. Some even look great in bikinis. lol. :-X :-X :-X ;) ;D

Big_Kev
17-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Sounds like you don't get it.
If you go fishing and don't catch a thing and it don't matter.
As long as you get away from the rest of the world.
Catching fish is a bonus, and if you get a big one it gives you bragging rights.

starfish_girl
17-01-2004, 05:10 PM
well yes I'll agree with all those comments, it is great to just get away from everything but to come home slightly tanked after a few hours in the boat and a few fish in the esky aint so bad either..... ;)

bungie
17-01-2004, 05:14 PM
I'll get shot for this, but I go out for the piece and quite. The Mrs doesnt see me much during the week, so wants to talk the whole bloody time we are out :-X

Remo
17-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Your right on the money Kev, the fact that some men just like their space, be it only a few hours fishing. ::)
Its only Taken my minister of war and finance #15 years to work that out. lol #:-X

bungie
17-01-2004, 05:18 PM
LOL mine answers to "grumbles"

davo
17-01-2004, 05:24 PM
I like fishing with my wife. Firstly she's a good fisher person and I try to encourage her. How can I not like her after letting me buy a new Fisher plate tinnie the one year and then them a 12 v punt the next. Our holidays start tommorrow and we're going to Monduran to try her new reel out it's an ABU Torno 3006HSI. Fish with ugly smelly blokes NO WAY!!

starfish_girl
17-01-2004, 05:43 PM
lol...your holiday sounds great, my bf bought me a new rod and reel just before xmas, still not sure if it was really intended for me or him :-/as Ive hardly used it, and havent caught anything on yet it, unfortunately hate to admit it but he is a better fisher than I am, a little more practice and Ill have him in the bag....... ;)

ghost
17-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Where are you doing your fishing? There is a fish out there with your name on it and it should happen soon! ;D ;D

krazyfisher
17-01-2004, 05:52 PM
only problem with women in a boat is if they out fish you or they take your attention off fishing. always happy to have them on a trip make good deckies

nofrills
17-01-2004, 07:15 PM
nah, my missus talks too much to come out with me,she;ll be tellin her friends my secrets and they would tell thier friends BLA BLA BLA.So if i did take her out id take her to a crap spot at a crap time with crap bait.
so maybee your better half isnt useless,JUST SMART ;D

PinHead
18-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Women. Fishing. Those two words do not belong in the same sentence. Since just after I bought the 20' boat until now rule number 1 on any boat I own is: NO WOMEN.
The incessant noise can almost drive one to take the horrid step of diving overboard and never returning.

starfish_girl
18-01-2004, 06:27 AM
well I have to say......WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? women and fishing belong in the same sentence since when did fishing become a one sex orientated recreation....fishing can be for women and men, I enjoy fishin as much as the next man and Im sure other women do as well....ok sometimes its ok for the fellas to get out on their own, have their male time and what not but we arent just there to get ya beers and bait, we like to have a good fish too, and if we just happen to outfish ya then you will just have to try a little harder next time..... :P :D :P :D :P :D

kerri
18-01-2004, 06:52 AM
I go fishing for the same reasons as you guys do catch a fish, peace, quite, relax, (until you get a big one ) and time out from the rest of the world. I am on most guys side i hate taking other shielas out if they are not there to fish just to be with thier man some think they are gonna pick up other girls (yeah right looking ande smelling like that and what there is a floating brothel on the water i never heard of) that shits me but serious fishing women are great to take out and as serious as i am i still get me hubbies beers for him too. so my theory is only women who are dedicated to fishing is allowed on the water in our boat.

Gorilla_in_Manila
18-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Taking women fishing is far better than them taking you "shopping" for clothes. ;)

kerri
18-01-2004, 07:41 AM
lol gorilla!!!! great one i wouldn't even contimplate asking my man to come shopping he would probaly divorce me for even asking such a stupid question

Quinny69
18-01-2004, 08:26 AM
I recon girls make great anglers,If they got it in there blood like anyone( Ive fished with shockin males),This Chick used to carry a bottle of hot pink nail polish with her when we went Lizard fishing, In stead of buying pink lures shed just paint pink stripes on 1s we never used (clever hey), And I recon they have MORE patience than us blokes when it comes to slow retreves and lettin poppers "just sit there". AND THEY DONT FART ALL DAY. MQ

jimbamb
18-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Hey people,
Interesting comments from all!!.My M.D.(Managing Director) Loves fishing and will go at any chance.It's a small price to pay gettin outfished.by gion fishin anytime I want as well as when she wants.
We have a great time trying to better each others catches,and keep score all the time.(I take credit for drivin the boat to the right place at the right time etc.and blame her if i drop one because im drivin etc.Works great.
Sure beats tryin to wrangle a fishin trip when she wants to go shopping etc.
Guess i'm pretty lucky to have a partner like her
P.S. Been married 35 years this year.

merv
18-01-2004, 10:12 AM
as soon as i hook the boat on mine starts, where am i going to sit,theres no room eg (bloody lounge room )do you need that big esky ?thats new when did you buy that ?how much? where did you get the money ?why do you need those big rods? why do we need all that bait ?fair go were buggered before we go.then you just get anchored up i need to go to the toilet .you have to just love them/

PinHead
18-01-2004, 10:50 AM
"women and fishing belong in the same sentence since when did fishing become a one sex orientated recreation....fishing can be for women and men,"

I did not say that fishing was a one sex activity..I just said that i will not go fishing with any females..that is my choice. If my missus wants to go fishing she can get her girlfriends to go with her..I don't care.

Lucky_Phill
18-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Mine wanted to come fishing with and see what all the fuss is about. So i picked a nice day ( 20 knots and 2 meters of sea ).

OH I feel crook , she said, as she spread the berley. Never again, she says. I don't know what you blokes see in this fishing caper !

I have 2 rods, one for fishing and one for fun, and never the twain shall meet ! well, no on my rig anyway.

Having said that, there are some very keen and very good FisherFemales out there that will make some of us look quite stupid in the world of Angling !

[smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=dunce.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

cheers Phill

adrian
18-01-2004, 12:45 PM
hi gang
a very hot topic . guys heres one to try any guy i'm trying to teach my better half to back a boat trailer down the ramp . the reason is so one day she can get the car and i can stay dry :D :D :D she'll get the hang one day soon i hope
also lets face facts she is better looking than any male i've taken out and she is always willing to learn

anzac

Big_Kev
18-01-2004, 02:32 PM
I'd love it if my wife would come fishing.
But every time, she is over the side berlying before we even get out of Manly harbour.
She can handle the pin but I have to drop her on the beach and not stop on the water so she don't get sick.
I can remember on our honeymoon we went on the boat from Tassie to Melbourne, she said I will be fine my dad has a boat (the famous Captain Bligh).Man that dunny got the treatment LOL.
Cheers Kev.

imnotoriginal
18-01-2004, 02:53 PM
I think the problem here is that "women" in the boat is synonymous with "inexperienced" fisherpersons in the boat.... As long as they're willing to bait their own hooks, it's all good with me ;D I just hate it when I spend the entire time taking their fish off the hook :P
Joel

starfish_girl
18-01-2004, 04:27 PM
sounds good but Im still having trouble getting the damn fish onto the hook, so I have no problems as yet on how to get them off.....Though many time I have outfished my bf, now when we go out in the boat or off the harbour, its just a continuous competition on who is going home with the most caught...takes our minds off me needing to pee or him running out of booze.....makes a good day out to add a bit of fun into the relaxation.... :D

Greta_G
18-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Lucky you Starfish, I'm still trying to find a boyfriend that'll take me fishing. The guys down here all seem to have Jetskis and don't particularly like fishermen / fisherwomen. :'(

Greta [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

nofrills
18-01-2004, 06:42 PM
welcome to the board greta

jees now youve done it.youre gonna get 100 questions from the motley crew.just take this bit of good advice and stay right away from a dodgey character named mackmauler.
cheers scott ;)

Sportfish_5
18-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Live to go outside fishing with a couple of mates and enjoy a cold treat or two but there is always something special spending a nice day on the bay with my wife and daughter. Actually my daughter is turning into quite the angler and now has a true love of going out in the boat and fishing. She is starting to get shirty about this weather (like the old man) and wants to get out. Maybe all fathers should teach their daughters to fish early. Whoever she marries better fish and get a big boat as he will owe me bigtime !!!

Greta_G
19-01-2004, 06:58 AM
what's the worry with ' mackmauler' , nofrills ? Anyone that can fish where he fishes is fine by me. ( i read some his posts the other night ). He seems to know what he's doing.

I saw in the live chat, that he wants to Marlin fish in his boat. I believe it is a small tinnie. He must have big Kahuna's ( couldn't think of a sutle word ) to go that far out in such a small boat.

Greta [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

TimNQ
19-01-2004, 07:07 AM
Haha yea rob takes his boat any where, very sea worthy as im told.
Tim

jeffo
19-01-2004, 08:49 AM
nup robs a nutcase! dont let any one tell you any different ;D lol.

nah in all seriousness his boat is only 4.4m in length but its wide and i am yet to see a boat under 5m that handles the way his does. its the titanic misus the sinking bit! ;D
and greta whats wrong with marlin fishing from a small tinney ;) mines 4.1 and i have done a bit of it ;D i have about 300mm freeboard ;D

mackmauler
19-01-2004, 04:28 PM
scotty your decky spot has been put on hold ::) greta is now top of the list ;D

rob

snappa
19-01-2004, 04:43 PM
greta is welcome to come onboard "kelloggs"
for a fish outside #:-X
she only needs to wear the bikinis and bring the jam rolls for smoko #::)

Big_Kev
19-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Nah Pete you wear the bikini and we will supply all the jam rolls you can eat.

DaneCross
19-01-2004, 05:09 PM
lol, i love your choice of words snappa ;D ;D

nofrills
19-01-2004, 06:02 PM
greta

i see in robs latest posts he has removed his pic.he used to have a picture of himself in that blanc space,he was wearing a balacalava and holding up a fish.the balacalava was worn for a good reason but im not the type of fella to pick on poor old rob for something he cant help.in fact to the contrary i applaude him for making the most of the hand he was delt.
most people wonder why rob has so much time for fishing.well truth is he makes all his money during show season in south east queensland.he works in the haunted house where he puts that big ugly head to good use scareing all the little kids.
cheers
brad pitt aka nofrills ;D

mackmauler
19-01-2004, 07:26 PM
roota, reefmaster and nofrills, what other names can we call you :-*

adriancorrea
19-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Id have to vouch for robs boat since he was kind enough to take me out for the day (and what a great day out it was)
No probs at all going out that far and It dosent cost you half as much as going out with snappa, but then and again snappas boat 3-4 times bigger and faster. (no offence snappa)

On the topic of women and fishing, well I have no probs with them coming fishing with me as long as they can bait their own hook and take the fish of the hook.
I go out fishing to feed the fish and relax so I cant stand to spend the whole time baiting and rigging for others.

Tight Lines
Adrian

Sean
20-01-2004, 06:22 AM
Am I the only one here who wants to bring new people into the sport of fishing? i THINK IT IS GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE AN INEXPERIENCED PERSON ON THE BOAT. i DON'T CARE IF i HAVE TO TAKE THEIR FISH OFF THE HOOK AND BAIT THEIR HOOKS, YOU HAVE TO LEARN SOMEWHERE, IF i GO FISHING WITH SOMEONE WHO HASN'T FISHED 'PROPERLY' BEFORE, i WOULD PREFER THEM TO CATCH MORE AND BIGGER FISH, i CAN DO IT AGAIN NEXT WEEK, i JUST WISH MY WIFE ENJOYED IT LIKE ME, iT IS NICE TO HAVE SOME TIME ALONE BUT WHEN SHE DOES COME OUT, (AND WE DON'T FIGHT ABOUT THE BOAT BEING TOO SMELLY) i HAVE A GREAT TIME.

mad_keen
20-01-2004, 10:21 AM
haha....this post is funny ;D. i guess i can relate to alot of the coments, but the missus is pretty cool with me going fishing cause she works most of the weekends during the day..(i must be a few of the lucky ones.. ;D)
as long as i spend time with her during the week she wont complain...only sometimes ::)
but when she does come out with me as long as i can find her fish (and it DOESNT matter what size), she is happy.....and generally speaking they always catch the odd big ones :-/
just have fun when you take them out and save the serious day for when she doesnt go.
cheers ;D

MarcusD
20-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Great post.... taking women fishing is always fun. I've always wondered what would happen if you took a woman fishing for a first date :o

Now where can I find a woman that likes fishing and can put up with my implusive spending on boat bits and fishing gear!

Seriously though, the more people that take up the sport the better. I'd love to see more families take out the whole family for a day of fishing instead of it being a "father & son" domain.

starfish_girl
20-01-2004, 11:43 AM
I agree, when I was growing up, fishing was mostly (well pretty much strictly) a father son thing...wasnt till I got well into my teens I enjoyed fishing....now i love it... :D

jeffo
20-01-2004, 11:57 AM
LOL at scotty... oh sorry i mean brad pitt ::) :-X hehe.

Gazza
20-01-2004, 01:17 PM
It annoys 'me' ::) ,when their husbands call , like no consideration,eh >:( ;D ;D ;D

SARAN
20-01-2004, 05:59 PM
I think fishing is for relexing ;D

damons33
21-01-2004, 09:06 AM
look i heard all the arguements! and we struck this agreement way back in the dream time(thats when a mans driving home for work on friday all horney! and is thinking of the missus as a sex godess! how dellusional!).
the deal was- man catches the meat!
- women fetches yams,grubbs and beers!
this is a simple rule which with adherance will guarantee a long and happy marriage, and you's can kid yourself all you like it will just lead to more hurt in the long run! because the bigboys don't like girls at the club while they bragg about their sexual conquests- it limits the scope of imagination!
and its imagination thats the difference between the sexs- every guy imagines his occk is real big! and the girls know the the real truth- thats why they tick african at rsvp!? well it couldn't be for the table manners! haaahhhhaaaaaaa!
:-*
damon

zedjack33
21-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Going Fishing

A couple goes on a holiday fishing at a dam.

The husband likes to fish at the crack of dawn, the wife likes to read.

One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.

Although not familiar with the dam, the wife decides to take the boat out and get some sun.

She motors out a short distance, anchors, and continues to read her book.

Along comes a QF Officer in his boat.

He pulls up alongside the woman and says,"Good morning ma'am. What are you doing?"

"Reading a book," she replies. (thinking, isn't it obvious.)

"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her.

"I'm sorry officer, but I'm not fishing, I'm reading"

"Yes but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.

"But I haven't even touched you," says the officer.

"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you can start at any moment."

"Have a nice day ma'am, " and he left..........

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads, its likely she can also think.

zedjack33
21-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Kent and three of his buddies have gone fishing every saturday for nearly forty years. One Saturday, the guys are fishing along a highway when a funeral processional drives by. Well, Kent lays down his rod, stands up in the boat, takes off his lucky hat and places it over his heart. This processional is huge and takes nearly five minutes to pass. Once it passes, Kent sits down, puts his hat on and cast out without saying a word. Needless to say his buddies are floored by his actions. One of em finally speaks up and says, "that sure was a respectful thing you did there when they went by." Kent replied, "It seems the least I could do seeing as how I've been married to the woman for over forty years!"

Jaye
21-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi starfish ( like the name ), I was told on saturday arvo its something to do with talking too much, but I like a bit of a natter so I can't help myself! Either that or its because they are afraid we just might outfish them! ;) ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ba229
21-01-2004, 12:55 PM
all of a sudden this site is being infested... sorry overrun... no wait... being visited :) by lots of women. not that thats a bad thing.

where did you all come from? is the house work done?

This will start a fight for sure. i cranked the handle and now the fight will begin ;D

Disclaimer: for those cranky uptight people who think i am sexist i can assure you this post has been made with my tongue firmly in my cheek.
in no way do i support sexist activities or promote women to be the sole person responsible for the house work. although i do mow the lawn, take out the bin once a week, change the oil in the cars when needed, keep the male partner of our friends entertained and work when i feel like it so surely that should get me out of the domestic house work requirements ;D

Gorilla_in_Manila
21-01-2004, 01:23 PM
all of a sudden this site is being infested... sorry overrun... no wait... being visited #:) by lots of women. not that thats a bad thing.

Just as long as they don't start putting up pictures of a Rockmans Sale in the fishing reports section. ;) ;D

imnotoriginal
21-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Mate, if they're real fisherpersons they'll tell us about the sale at mossops, not rockmans ;)
Joel

jaybee
21-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Just having a read of this post, some sexist remarks, (ouch i will get my butt kicked) but i guess they were in good jest eh fellas. I don't hate taking women fishing, in fact my daughters love it, so does some of my sisters foster kids (females). Some are adept at rigging and baiting some not. but if they are catching the fish while i take them off the hook and re bait why not, and if they are catching the fish without help even better, and best off all most women pack a nice lunch, (oh i'm not into the banana in the boat thingy either) ;D and one thing i have learnt most, is a lot of women are better fisherpersons then us mere males eh, so maybe that is why some guys don't like to take them eh. ROFLMAO. truth hurts some people sometimes. dont ya love it.
cheers
Joe

starfish_girl
22-01-2004, 05:14 AM
well well well, havent I started an interesting cat fish, honestly some of you males have bigger claws than us....in response to Gorilla's coment, you better not start going on about the Rockmans sale ads cause as dumb as us women aparently are we get our mean idea's from what you men say, ;) and Ba229, we arent visiting or over running the place, we just hid for a while and now were here to stay....women can have as much fun in a boat as men :P, and Jaye ;D I dont think its the thought of us out-fishing them that scares em, its the thought we might actually like it and wanna go fishing all the time.... :D ;D :)...scary isnt it fella's......

fnq_tinnie
22-01-2004, 06:28 AM
hi starfish_girl

ok wife is not looking now:
hahahah
i'am with pin on this one women and fishing don't mix.
they should stay at home with the kids and let us men have some quite time alone or with our mates fishing.
as to catching fish iam happy just wetting a line

sorry starfish

wack,wack ,wack ,wack #oppppppps wife seen it

Jaye
22-01-2004, 09:14 AM
infested, ;D overrun? ;D yep! you'd better believe it!! ;D The more I hang out here in these places, the more I learn about fishing. I luv it! 8)

kerri
22-01-2004, 09:52 AM
tinnie what the ? stay at home and look after the kids so you can have time out what a load of male cow manure what gives a man the right to have freedom doing something he likes and not a woman maybe you are married to the wrong woman. my husband perfers to take me out to his mates as they don't take it as serious as him and just sit back and drink and smoke joints and are only there to relax while i go out for the one purpose of FISHING so dont stereotype all females who go fishing will annoy and talk nonstop or what ever else you think we do.
anyway was funny to read
cheers female fisher

jaybee
22-01-2004, 12:17 PM
way to go kerri stick up for ya rights eh, some males on this board need to realise its not a mans world anymore, i work in welfare, tradionally all bosses are female, get use to it guys, looking at the stats at uni, women will be in charge of welding sections in big corps soon ;D not to mention heaps of other tradionally male orientated employment. ROFLMAO.
cheers
Joe

Lucky_Phill
22-01-2004, 12:57 PM
jeez, youse womans have as good a sense of humour as us maley bloke things people, fishermen.

welcome aboard Ladies, stick around !

packing a nice lunch, mmmmm sounds like I'm about to advertize a crew space on the Big Rig ;D

Cheers Phill

Jaye
22-01-2004, 02:22 PM
thanx Phil, lunch is packed! ;D

PinHead
22-01-2004, 05:31 PM
"women can have as much fun in a boat as men"

I agree..I have no problem with women in boats at all..just that it won't happen in mine.

I do not like going fishing with women..tried it once..never again.

MarcusD
22-01-2004, 05:43 PM
I've known of a few men and women having fun together on boats, but I don't know how much fishing happened... [smiley=blush.gif]

clutter
22-01-2004, 06:26 PM
My wife can hop into my boat any time she likes. I just have trouble getting it into the bloody kitchen.

Clutter

Fatty
22-01-2004, 09:23 PM
hi people i have to say that a trip outside does not happen without my trusty deckhand she baits her hooks takes the fish of the hooks cleans the boat can even fillet a mean fish this was all part of a very ridgid training scheme just wish she would learn to tie braid or go to mono . ps cant complain to much as she makes sure there is a cold ale in the fridge come clean up time ;D ;D :D :D
cheers fatty

snappa
23-01-2004, 05:06 AM
women and bananas the same thing ;D
"marcus D" has got it right, that would be the only reason you take them fishing :P
and they cant pi** over the side :-X

Gazza
23-01-2004, 05:28 AM
if they can puul-start a 2-stroke ,i wouldn't rock the boat too much
:-* :-X

ba229
23-01-2004, 05:32 AM
unfortunately my wife doesn't like fishing otherwise she would be more than welcome to come along.

i have my first child due in april and it's a little girl (daddy's little girl) . as soon as she can hold a rod she will be out with me.

if she doesn't like fishing that is up to her but if she likes it she will be more that welcome to come along when she wants

Fatty
23-01-2004, 07:05 AM
geeze i dont know about that snapper some of the girls i met while working on prawn trawlers up the straits would most blokes i know to shame at p!@sing over the side (scary stuff) ;D ;D ;) ;)

Fisheasy
23-01-2004, 08:34 AM
There's always the bucket though in rough conditions, spillage could be a problem.
I know a lady who just peed at the back of the boat near the scuppers - used to get washed out sooner or later! :P

Had the 5 y.o. neice out bass fishing on the weekend (she usually comes whiting fishing with me) and she loved it. #She hooks the fish and winds them in. #Needs a hand with baiting #and taking the fish off the hook still but we're training her. #Start them young and you should have no worries.

Anyway, I thought blokes wanted to go out with chicks that loved fishing? # I'm female, love fishing and always have the guys asking me if I had any girlfriends I could recommend that also love fishing.

As with Starfish Girl's original question, I've been on countless trips to the Northern Territory, Weipa, Broome, New Caledonia, Melbourne, Sydney etc etc without the other half. Sometimes it's okay to have "time out" from one another. I go fishing without him, he goes fishing without me sometimes.

MarcusD
23-01-2004, 09:34 AM
So do you have any girlfriends that like fishing? (Preferably 21-30..) [smiley=uhoh.gif]

Brissyguy
23-01-2004, 09:36 AM
My wife is my best friend and fishing companion.
We (up til recently) fished out of a 5 metre runabout in Moreton Bay and she put paid to as many snapper, sweetlip, makeral and cobia as I did.
On our honeymoon to NZ back in Oct/Nov 2003 she caught 2 beautiful snapper and put most of the male fisho's to shame.
I would rather have her aboard than a lot of guys I have fished with over the years.

PinHead
23-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Congratulations Brissy on the recent marriage...but i am wondering if you would put the same post on here in 20 years time.

Brissyguy
24-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Cheers Pinhead.

As for your question I guess time will only tell.
Though all things point to the affirmative.

You see we were friends and fishing companions prior to dating and marrying, now my new step daughter (hate the word step) comes with us on occassion and actually outfished us both on a recent trip to the shallow Combi reefs.
'tis my belief that I have what every male fisho dreams of... ;D

Cheers,
Rich.

PS: The family that fish together, stay together...

Fisheasy
24-01-2004, 05:26 AM
Sorry Marcus - all married, engaged or otherwise taken. :'(

rainbear
24-01-2004, 06:39 PM
You fellas don't know what you're missing. My darling helped me pack the car the other night, including food and drink.
When we got out to the fishing spot she caught the bait, as usual, my daughter got her first shovelly, 4kg on 4kg line and she's only 12. I took her out to Corroboree 12 months ago, got her up at 4am, got home at 7pm her only complaint all day, she didn't get her first barra. My darling wife's bragging right of the day was the first barra 20 yards from the boat ramp.
If she gets first fish we all get fish, if she doesn't get first fish we get bugger all. As for talking my best mate reckons I can out talk any female you've ever met!!
I've had to give up wearing my bikini, my wife reckoned it didn't match my heels!!!!
Regards
Grant (Ezmay)

sheles
25-01-2004, 08:54 AM
:-* to go fishing is devine, even if you don't catch anything!

Gazza
25-01-2004, 10:42 AM
C'mon guys #,you get a fine of "up to $7500" filleting at sea ,and not chopping off the pectoral..#[smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=behead.gif] [smiley=hanged.gif]

So buy 'em a filleting knife for mothers Day ,b'day',anniv. ,next week , and take 'em fishing ,and keep reminding 'her #[smiley=devilish.gif] ' about all those awful smells at home , and go for the 'jail' option for a bit of peace-n-quiet with ya mates !! [smiley=freak.gif] [smiley=iloveyou.gif] [smiley=devil.gif]

davo
28-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Well,

We've just come back from Monduran and had a great time. No barra but some rather aggressive bass. The latest is the my wife and I are going to Weipa for a fishing trip. It's to celibrate my 40th birthday. She said it's something she's always wanted to do so a guided trip up there will be excellent. All we need is a bit more casting practice.