PDA

View Full Version : Full Moon

JS
31-01-2004, 02:31 PM
:D Hi folks, need some advice. Want to go offshore on a charterboat this coming Friday (6/2/04) up Sunshine coast. A full moon that evening. Would this improve fishing conditions or do you have to go days before????

Also what site do I go to for a weather forecast for 6/2/04??
Thanks
Stu :o [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

CHRIS_aka_GWH
31-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Stu,

i'm a loooong way from an offshore expert, but my experience is the bite on the moon is short but intense. One memorable trip we had off moreton we we sat on a big patch of fish that just would not chew from dusk up till about 10pm - then the switch turned on - in the space of 1hr we bagged out on trag jew & anyone on a drop catching only one on a two hook paternoster rig was ridiculed. That night was a full moon overhead at 9.15pm.

A good skipper will know. Ours knew his patch & was just waiting for the switch to turn. He ignored several blokes that were telling him to try other spots.

chris

basserman
31-01-2004, 04:44 PM
some fish love a full moon others the new moon and even some fish bite outside the full/new moon but if your going on a charter the skipper will know what fish do and don't and know where to find the fish. Most pro skippers i know really know there stuff and are more disaponted than anyone else if your not getting onto good fish!

Volvo
01-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Full Moon ;)..Not quite sure the size of the Tides down your neck of the woods but up here they are BIG!!!with plenty of run, especially the morning tides and that is :(...Why??, because Moon tides from First quarter right through to the full Moon far as i'm concerned are some of the best tides to fish :)..
Either wait awhile till the run slacks off or head in closer to the Reefs and get out of the run a bit..Again pending where you are located??...
Mindya if your going out in a Chartery ide say good cances are you may be drift fishing and the run may not affect you's?? much?...
Personally..Moon tides [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].
Cheers

Volvo
01-02-2004, 07:25 PM
[smiley=blush.gif] Forgot ta mention..WWW.bom.gov.au for your weather details, maps n radar images..Or...weatherzone.com.au....
Cheers

Lucky_Phill
02-02-2004, 04:49 AM
A couple fo days either side of the new and full moons are good / best for offshore fishing.

Cheers

Phill