PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER

Ron_Stewart
01-02-2004, 03:27 PM
HI ALL, I'M RONNIE A NEW MEMBER FROM THE WEST.

GOING ON HOLIDAY TO WOLLONGONG HAVE NO IDEA OF THE AREA, CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME A FEW IDEA'S WHERE TO WET A LINE.
(AND I ALREADY KNOW THAT WATER IS A GOOD PLACE TO START)

MUCH APPRICIATED
RONNIE

gruntahunter
01-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Welcome ronnie you dont always have to go to the water to get fish mate...we got a place up here in qld called morgans and they got wat ever u want to catch..day an night mate

u guys in the west r livin in the past obviously

hehehehe

basserman
01-02-2004, 04:16 PM
try port kembla or the boat harbour

Nugget
01-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi Ronnie - welcome to Ausfish.
Woolongong is a steel town - not what you'd consider as a holiday destination.
The good news is that to the south is some of the best land based game fishing and rock fishing in Oz.
Look to areas like Geringong or further south to Jervis Bay - Vincentia, Huskinson.

If you get out of the Gong, you'll find good fish.

Dave ><>

Volvo
02-02-2004, 01:29 AM
???Boat or landbased Ron???
Landbased you might try the Boatharbour breakwall, Conno Breakwall, Northern Breakwall Port Kembla...And if you are down Port Kembla way you might want to find out where MM is and drive past it...At the end of the road take a left..drive near as far as you can go(which aint far)..on the ocean side look for a rock ledge(MAKE SURE SEAS ARE FLAT!!!)..USED TA BE A TOP Bream and Squire possie once upon alongtime ago [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].
Wollongong Boat Harbour used to be good for chsing yakkas for bait as were the inner HARBOUR Jetties if one is allowed there to fish anymore????..
Coniston (Conno) Beach used to be as good a Beach for chasing Bream, Jew ,n Tailor..
Okay there's a coupla spots to get you started once you get there..From there ide chase up a bit of local info...drop into a bait n tackle store ta start off with lol.
Cheers

ba229
02-02-2004, 01:55 PM
nice to have such a big rock star as rod stewart join the board ;D

can you sing us a song roddie?

goodoo
02-02-2004, 02:35 PM
hi ron i used to live at the gong if the weather is good go to shellharbour around behind the old coal loader follow the road right to the endand head for the rocks here you willfind smooth sloping rock shelf about30-40 feet from the edge it drops off quite deep herethere is the possibility of almost anything from brim snapper groper to tuna dont fish under 10kg set yourself up with some rock cleats on sandels or volleys and dont go alone its not normaly too bad this time of year as pressures are normaly high and winds tend off shore baits i would use whole pillies brown crabs and cungie take care and good luck GOODOO

Ron_Stewart
02-02-2004, 06:23 PM
cheers for the info gents the beauty of it is my wife knows where most of these spots are which is a real bonus.I will only be land base fishing so i should be off to a good start.
RONNIE

Silvia
04-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi Ron, I'm also new here at Ausfish, and it's looking great

Brissyguy
04-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Welcome aboard Ronnie and Sylvia [smiley=laola.gif]

Cheers,
Rich.

basserman
04-02-2004, 09:44 AM
tell ya what
it is great to see more and more females getting involed with this website!
good to see it is no longer just the males getting out fishing and then bragging the next day!
so g'day silvia ;D

Touchy - R.I.P.
06-02-2004, 03:38 AM
A belated welcome (home 'puter problems :()to the newbies,lots of top fisho's on this site & a very friendly bunch you will find.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.