PDA

View Full Version : victorian am cray fishing beware

grinder
06-02-2004, 05:34 PM
the fisherys have taken to giving out free cray fish rulers but beware 1 guy messured his cray (just size byt the orange ruler )
guess what he meets mr I have a badge and guess what those orange rulers are not right (cray is short ) and he gets hey ######## didnt you read that that messure is a guied only here is 100 buck fine and another 150 for not docking the tail

now dont get me wrong I am against undersize anything even though thats all I catch but for god sake how much more trouble would it be for the govt to get a ruler that is right or is this this a case where they pay for it to be wrong maybe they have been watching movies like intrappment etc
anyway come south for some cray get a proper ruler

all the best

grinder

imported_admin
06-02-2004, 05:56 PM
If he takes it to court and produces the ruler that he was provided with by fisheries I don't think the case would go against him, providing the cray was not under the size of that ruler. After all, he used the measuring device provided by them.

grinder
07-02-2004, 05:48 PM
that was my thoughts too but it seems that at some stage of the game it had dome fine print saying it is a guide only the ruler provided actually says it is not 100% correct but that ink wash's off after a few outings the guy paid the fine much too our discuss the rules in my opinion are made for all and not ment too work against a bloke getting a feed and trying to do the right thing my point being if the thing is not right dont give it away as it is only a guied we can all break a twig of a tree and be more correct spend the money and get it right

Regards Grinder