PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough, Fishing & The Political Proc

kc
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
It seems "we" are getting shafted one too many times from all sides of the political landscape with Governments not seeming to care that 20% of the entire adult population of Australia goes fishing.

Born of the debacle that was/is the GBRMPA Representitive Areas Program a discussion paper has been produced.

This is available for general distribution to any fishing related media, on line chat boards, fishing clubs and individual fishers for the purposes raised in the discussion paper.

Copies can be e-mailed from the coordinator by requesting same from kc@whitsunday.net.au

If you want to participate in the debate and see if we can make some changes get a copy and start some chat boards, drop it into your local tackle shop, send it to your local paper and spread it around amoungst your mates....if you are happy with the current situation and levels of support you are getting from government and fisheries managers...do nothing!!

Regards

KC

BurdekinBob
09-02-2004, 05:03 AM
Thanks KC,I'll take one.
rak@austarnet.com.au

Bob

Volvo
09-02-2004, 06:41 AM
Me too, if you dont mind :).
Peter

Kerry
09-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Ok so how can this be made available as a link on line.

Cheers, Kerry.

Mad_Barry
09-02-2004, 05:21 PM
kc,

Who's organising this and then compiling the info ?

Dicko

kc
10-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Info was compiled with help from Sunfish Whitsunday Branch and after discussions with REACT in Townsville and to a lesser degree CGFA in Cairns and is being coordinated by Whitsunday Rec Fishers group.

I only have the discussion paper as a word document but this has now been forwarded to Ausfish and they will post it on line.

Regards

KC

kc
12-02-2004, 05:28 AM
Still waiting for Ausfish to post discussion paper which is now doing the rounds in NQ and will be published in NQ Fish & Boat in March.
A meeting is being arranged in Townsville in late March to move the process forward towards the establishment of a duely constituted and registerd political party to stand for upper house (Senate) seats in all states at the next Federal election.

The discussion paper sets out a series of background issues, legislative process, funding, membership and structural issues and requires feedback from as many rec fishers as possible.

We need to gauge both the level of interest/support and any potential critisisms which fishers may have. If WE can't get behind this then there is little chance of moving forward and we will continue to suffer closures/shut outs and degradation of our sport/lifestyle.

Once again for purposes of full distribution anyone who would like a copy please e-mail me direct (kc@whitsunday.net.au) and then in turn distribute discussion paper to any intereted parties.

Regards

KC

Kerry
12-02-2004, 07:01 AM
In the meantime KC's discussion paper can be viewed HERE (http://www.cqnet.com.au/~user/aitken/www/discussion%20paper.htm)

imported_admin
12-02-2004, 07:32 AM
KC, Still haven't received the E-mail.

Thanks Kerry for putting it up. I have copied it from that location and it is now available as a PDF file at the above link
or by clicking here - http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/DiscussionPaper.pdf