PDA

View Full Version : Australian Fishing Park - Bli Bli

mad_keen
07-02-2004, 05:48 AM
im heading up there this weekend for the first time, has anyone been there before or have heard anything regarding 'The Australian Fishing Park' at Bli Bli (Mooroochy River..?)
any feedback would be great.
cheers
adrian

Heath
07-02-2004, 06:56 AM
No,

But we're also looking to head up there. Let us know how you go [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

basserman
07-02-2004, 08:28 AM
i haven't been there but i have a mate who has been three times
he reackon it is a top place
well worth the effort ;D

MarcusD
07-02-2004, 08:48 AM
adrian, we're going up there for the first time on Saturday. Which day are you going?

I've heard it's a lot of fun there.

mad_keen
07-02-2004, 09:14 AM
g'day marcusd
ill be heading up there on sunday.
hope to catch a variety of fish...mainly the barra....
it should be a fun experience...
let us know how you go.
cheers

Hutcho
07-02-2004, 10:45 AM
I went there one overcast Sunday arvo when they were about to shut and the owner let us in for a quick squiz. I'm pretty sure you can hire small plastic boats at the park on top of your fishing fee. Might be an idea if you're going to fish in the big mixed pond. There are a heap of species in the "Mixed Pond" and if you look closely at the pylons near the bulding in the corner, you will see some absolute monsters, but unfortunately you aren't allowed to fish there. Maybe you can berley them out, not sure. :-/ They're pretty big ponds though, hopefully there won't be too much wind around so you can get your lures out to the middle.

Good luck catching a big barra, and keen to hear how you all go next week. Don't forget your digi camera!

cheers,
hutcho

25_ponies
07-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Is this the one - http://www.aussiefishingpark.com/

If so, looks pretty good.

sharky
07-02-2004, 11:29 AM
I have been up there a couple of times, all in all I have had a great time on the hotter days as it seems they strike a bit better. As for which ponds I fished in, the big mixed landed me some good quality bream, travelly, and barra. I have used many different baits including hard and soft bodied lures, live bait, and bait bought from the local bait shop. But I found the most effective method was to use the pellets they use to feed them in the arvo's, I simply push them into the shank of the hook and use only a couple of split shot sinkers to slowly sink them down.

Hope this hopes
Sharky

mad_keen
14-02-2004, 04:46 AM
hi all
sorry for the late report.
its true..the hotter the better...haha
if your keen on catching your first barra or you would like to take a family to a fishing place then i would prob recomend it. we all had a great time. everyone caught at least one barra..others caught up to 6.....maybe more....lost count. there is a series of different pond setups...the website above is the correct one if you would like to check it out (by 25_ponies).
this was the biggest one for shane on the day and his first on lure.
use light gear and you'll have a blast.
cheers

stack
14-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Hi Mad
I`m a member at the park,I find at the moment you`ll pick up plenty on surface poppers{mainly blue in colour} Hardy heads have been good lately my 10 year old son got 14 in 2 hours last week all over 50cm but the most effective way to catch em is on a fly rod using pellet flies great fun on a 6 weight rod.I have been finding the fish are tending to feed on the northern side of the big boys pond at the moment,doesnt mean they`ll be that side this week end.I`m heading out there for a couple of hours this morning so I`ll give you some more feedback tomorrow.
Good luck hope this helped
Stack [smiley=beatnik.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif]

Hutcho
14-02-2004, 06:21 AM
That's a healthy looking barra there Mad Keen. Did you get any action in the mixed pond, or just fish for barra's while you were there? One thing I noticed that would be great if they put them in would be some shade on the banks for the fisher's. Just a thought.

With this warm weather, that place must be going great guns right now!! [smiley=guitarist.gif]

Cheers,
Hutcho

beefaman
14-02-2004, 08:38 AM
I went there on Boxing day and landed 14 for the day, most late afternoon. Got them mainly on plastics with light jigheads. Given the right conditions, it is an awesome place.

What does the membership involve??

basserman
14-02-2004, 08:48 AM
i can say i'm lookinf forward to takeing my family there when i can get up there